Question about Google+ pictures in Gallery

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I removed the manual sync from my phone because for some reason it started syncing pictures from Google+ to my phone that had uploaded from my phone so I had doubles of everything and I cannot remove the Google+ pictures. I've deleted most of the pictures from Google+ on the computer and resynced everything but they're still there. Any suggestions?

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
There is no Google+ folder in the Gallery and the Picasa album of Instant Uploads doesn't really count. You're going to have to be a lot more specific in regards to what's going on. Unless it's just the Picasa album that's confusing you which in that case they're not really on your phone.

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Chud, what do you mean the picasa doesn't count? The photos its listing ate what I'm talking about. And I unchecked all sync options, I do it manually since I noticed it was doing this. It makes no sense to download pictures to the device I uploaded them from, what's the point? And if ICS has an option to choose what you sync, great, but from what I've seen its all or nothing.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Well considering they're on the phone already its kind of redundant. Ugh.
If all you use for pictures is your phone, maybe. If you use a separate camera or whatever and upload them to Picasa from your computer, then youll be able to access them from your phone as well when you're out and about. I have pictures taken on an old digital camera that used a floppy disc for memory that im able to pull up on my phone.

Or, if you get another phone, you don't have to copy pictures over to the new one.

Or if you lose your phone you arent losing your pictures forever.

Again, they aren't taking up any storage space on your phone so there's nothing to worry about.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I get the feeling that you're still not understanding this. But if it's that big of a deal, just go into your sync settings and uncheck the Sync Google Photos box.

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Listen, I understand its linking to an online sure that hosts pictures, I'm not stupid, I'm saying that its not something I wanted the phone to do, and it didn't do it a few weeks ago. I get it. You can stop condescending to me now, thank you.

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
And I haven't synced them in a while, so its not adding anything new, but the ones I don't want are still there, which is my point, thank you.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
LoL.

You'd have to go into your actual online Picasa account and delete them there if you dont want them "on your phone" anymore.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
LoL.

You'd have to go into your actual online Picasa account and delete them there if you dont want them "on your phone" anymore.

Reading through this thread my intial thought is that you're not aware of the ICS and Google+ Photos bug? Even when unchecking, and or deleting photos they still get stuck in the gallery. A simple Google search will come up with multiple reports of this, and many within the Google forums. Google devs have aknowledged the issue and are working on it. I too have used both ICS 4.0.2 on the Galaxy Nexus and 4.0.4 on the Nexus S 4G. Both have the bug, even with newest update of Google+. Why it does this is beyond me. The only fix I have seen is to sign out of Google+ all together, and clear data and cache from the Gallery. It has worked for some users, but not all. Only other way would be a factory reset, and to not sign into Google+.

Hope this helps OP

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Reading through this thread my intial thought is that you're not aware of the ICS and Google+ Photos bug? Even when unchecking, and or deleting photos they still get stuck in the gallery. A simple Google search will come up with multiple reports of this, and many within the Google forums. Google devs have aknowledged the issue and are working on it. I too have used both ICS 4.0.2 on the Galaxy Nexus and 4.0.4 on the Nexus S 4G. Both have the bug, even with newest update of Google+. Why it does this is beyond me. The only fix I have seen is to sign out of Google+ all together, and clear data and cache from the Gallery. It has worked for some users, but not all. Only other way would be a factory reset, and to not sign into Google+.

Hope this helps OP

Thank you, that is what I ended up doing and it did work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon