On Gingerbread, I had all my pricing (I'm in the floor covering biz) as contacts & had them "Starred". It was simple to add a folder on my desktop which contained only these "starred" or "favorite" contacts. Since the ICS update this morning, I see know easy way of getting these into a folder on my desktop. It looks like it needs to be done manually and the "starred" contacts now are only useful when you are in the Contacts app. Is this correct?

Sent from my Nexus S4G using TapaTalk.
    04-12-2012 12:53 AM
    In ICS if you go into your app drawer and then slide over widgets, keep scrolling through until you find the contacts widgets. These widgets will allow you to have shortcuts to your favorite contacts on your home screen. I have circled the widget in the picture, which will create a small icon on your home screen.
    04-14-2012 12:12 AM
    Yeah Thx. I figured that out & then bundled my various contacts into three appropriate folders for my liking. The folder view is great.. Very much like the SPB 3D Shell.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    04-14-2012 12:25 PM
    i am on gingerbread, and when i go to said contacts app, it allows me to sort for favorites (which i have already done), but does not seem to let me put that favorites list onto the home screen. Am i missing something?
    07-23-2012 04:52 AM
    so now when i want to sms someone on my favorites list, i need to turn on the phone to get to my homescreen, hit contacts, hit favorites, and then scroll for the contact, and then click on the contact, hit on sms. That is 6 steps to sms something. Please help, is there an easier way????
    beachbabycali likes this.
    07-23-2012 04:59 AM
    ok; got some things figured out, but opens other questions.

The favorites contacts showed up on a "People" on one of the home screens, but show large icons of the people, when i want a listing view.

Is there way to default it to list view (rather than me starting with the icon/pictures contact view (which only shows 9 people at a time, which requires a lot of scrolling to get to my contact). Is there a way to default it to list view on the desktop view? (I can do It from the contacts lists itself).

I tried setting default to list in the contacts, but still keeps showing the icons on the People home screen.
    beachbabycali likes this.
    07-23-2012 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD