nexus s 4g, & i'm on stock, i feel as though i could live with it for eternity, it's fluid, simple, fast..

just a few minutes ago, i walked in the garden here at work, & received a notification to update to 4.04 ics.. i cleared it from the top....

now, i've been reading ALOT all over the internet about the PRO's of updating, with it's quirks of lagginess on a few things.. i've read of the enhancements of having zoom & faster auto-focus with the cam is a plus, & an enhancement of the wimax baseband.. but i've also been been reading about the slower usb transfer rates, to & from... & memory usage of the ics install....

i have minimun issues with gingerbread, it kinda grew on me.. BUT i also look back on a friend's epic 4g which received the gingerbread update, a few tymes it stalls on him where he'd have to take the battery out to re-set the thing... <-i don't want to be in the same situation living with the 4.04 update on the nexus s 4g...

i don't how long i can hold out with clearing the notification until it simply does a force install.. but until then, i'll keep reading for awhile from those that already took the jump...

is it a crime to WANT to stay on gingerbread?
    04-12-2012 11:10 AM
    i've read of the enhancements of having zoom & faster auto-focus with the cam is a plus,
    Zoom? I don't have zoom on my camera.
    04-12-2012 11:33 AM

WHAAAAAA? .. faster shutter?
    04-12-2012 11:43 AM

i read this totally wrong - Sprint announces ICS for the Nexus S 4G, official download now available -- Engadget ... they actuallly typed *STABAILIZED IMAGE ZOOM* ..
    04-12-2012 11:47 AM
    WHAAAAAA? .. faster shutter?
    I really haven't noticed a difference. Biggest difference I see is the shutter button is a blue dot now.

Point is...I don't think you can use Epic problems (pun intended) as any sort of argument against. If you are truly hesitant, you ought to hold off, read the forums to see if any problems arise in a large population of users (i.e., more than just one guy saying the update bricked his phone) and let the update through after us "pioneers" have settled in and put it through the daily paces. I have no idea if, at some point, it forces you to update. I doubt they can do that...but the difference isn't so drastic that you couldn't get over them in a couple days. If I read you correctly, though...your biggest concern is bugs and/or crashing. Valid and thoughtful and worth holding off your own update until some time has passed for early adopters.
    04-12-2012 11:55 AM
    I really haven't noticed a difference. Biggest difference I see is the shutter button is a blue dot now.

Point is...I don't think you can use Epic problems (pun intended) as any sort of argument against. If you are truly hesitant, you ought to hold off, read the forums to see if any problems arise in a large population of users (i.e., more than just one guy saying the update bricked his phone) and let the update through after us "pioneers" have settled in and put it through the daily paces. I have no idea if, at some point, it forces you to update. I doubt they can do that...but the difference isn't so drastic that you couldn't get over them in a couple days. If I read you correctly, though...your biggest concern is bugs and/or crashing. Valid and thoughtful and worth holding off your own update until some time has passed for early adopters.
    sounds like a 4.04.1 ... we'll see...
    04-12-2012 01:37 PM
    last week, i was reading - **Learn about the technical differences between Gingerbread and ICS [Updated]** Learn about the technical differences between Gingerbread and ICS [Updated] — Developer World to wrap my head around the underlying *stuff* of it all..
    04-12-2012 01:59 PM
    i don't mean to look like a post *****, just **educating** myself, - Which one should you opt for-ICS or Gingerbread? | Gadgetic World
    04-12-2012 02:42 PM
    ics does look sweet - Review of the Official Android 4.0.4 ICS Update on the Nexus S Review of the Official Android 4.0.4 ICS Update on the Nexus S 4G - YouTube .. i guess with policing the proccesses yourself along with ics's policing, there'd be smooth sialing on the single core nexus s 4g..
    04-12-2012 02:59 PM
    ICS is better than Gingerbread, no doubt about it. Only thing I miss is the green icons on the notification bar. I far prefer the green to the blue.
    04-12-2012 06:19 PM
    This is an understandable feeling..

Kind of goes along with the old saying of " If it isn't broke then don't fix it..."

But seeing how you have to keep denying the update notices its almost a given at some point you will have to update to ICS.
    04-12-2012 06:22 PM
    I was hesitate at first to switch, but set it up and give it a few days and I'm sure you're going to like it. The only thing I really miss is the green icons in the status bar.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    04-12-2012 06:33 PM
    Stay with ICS.. It'll only get better, just like GB did.
    04-12-2012 10:58 PM
    man, i wish these phones could dual boot..
    04-13-2012 05:54 PM
    Honestly I had ICS and yes its cool but its also trash and I would rather have Old Reliable then a forced buggy update ill wait till sprint pushes out more maintenance updates for it but right now it is just to buggy for me
    04-17-2012 10:04 AM
    If you want to stay on GB and dont want the harassing update notification then hit up google and search for FOTAKILL.APK and download and install then reboot phone and no more notifications
    04-17-2012 01:19 PM
    Ics has more features. But there are enough drawbacks to make staying on gb a worthy decision
    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    04-17-2012 07:20 PM
    The only drawbacks are minor ones like, slower screen orientation reaction time(feature). Battery life reduction(significant enough). And much slower scrolling speeds!(annoying) That's pretty much it. but there are also a lot of benefits. One of them that people don't mention is better pinch to zoom. which is a big PLUS!
    04-18-2012 07:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD