ICS Contact issue

MarkHirt

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having this issue....

1st all my contacts are Google Contacts.

I live in an area that requires a 1 be placed in front of most 10 digit numbers I dial, so ALL my numbers have a 1 in front of the number I.E 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx. This has worked FOREVER, Android 1.5 to 2.3.7 and non smart phones before that.

When I get a txt sometimes the stock ICS messaging app can't figure out who it is and just shows the number (XXX) XXX-XXXX. If I go to Gmail and add both 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX and XXX-XXX-XXXX as mobile numbers all is well.

This has to be bug? and IMHO a pretty serious one at that, anyone have a fix?

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Hasn't been a problem for me and i have all my contacts with the 1 (xxx) format for roaming purposes.

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
My contacts app is behaving a bit different. In the app, my contacts have the pictures I set through Gmail's web interface. When that contact emails me in the stock email client, they have the generic "People" face and not the contact pic I set.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Have you rebooted your phone a time or two since the update? Sounds silly, I know...
If you see the contacts in gmail from a computer and not on the phone, perhaps remove the gmail account and add it again, then reboot the phone.

I only have a few pics but they definitely sync from my google contacts- as the pictures are no longer on my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance