Wow, this phone has a new lease on life with ICS

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I had an iphone 4 and decided to go back to this phone after the official ICS update dropped. I had it before and tried some custom ICS ROMS but was always left feeling like they were buggy and sort of laggy. I decided to test the waters and buy an iphone 4 to see what the fuss was about. After using Android for so long I figured it'd be nice to force myself to not constantly customize my phone all the time and just live!

So, about a month after owning the iphone I got bored and iOS is a very ho-hum operating system. I mean, you have to exit out of the camera app to post a picture to facebook/picasa/or send it as a message! These little things started to annoy me so I thought I'd go back to the NS4g. I had this phone before and was not impressed with the battery life or signal strength.

After the official ICS update hit I figured I'd try it out again to see if google improved the phone in the areas I did not like. Well, I've had it for a few days and I'm very impressed! The phone feels much snappier and all of the little bugs in custom ROMS appear to be nonexistent. Not only that, the battery life seems to be a little better and the signal strength is a little better (though I'll need a few days to know for sure).

After using the iphone for a month I was actually really happy to have a phone that didn't feel so fragile. The iphone hardware is always considered "best in class" but I felt like you had to have a case for it or else it was a drop away from shattering. I hate cases! Also, the NS4g feels a lot better in the hand than the iphone. The curves just feel better in the hand than the iPhone's boxy corners. Also, the iphone 4 only comes with 8GB of storage (about 6 is usable) and it filled up pretty fast. 16GB seems about the bare minimum if no SD option is available.

The one thing I did miss was the high-res screen and the NS4g's amoled is definitely a step down. However, I love the dark blacks and how it doesn't light up the room at night when I turn it on (like the iphone does). Also, playing games like Draw Something on a 3.5 in. screen just felt really cramped. 4 in. is a lot nicer to work with.

So, i didn't intend for this post to be so long but i'll just say that I'm very happy with this phone and will happily use it for atleast a few months until the GNexus drops on sprint :)