Galaxy Nexus on Sprint

bugz_92

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah unless I'm given one for free. I will be waiting until the next nexus. Where there should be no reason why it wouldn't go to sprint first.

zpithika

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
My upgrade isn't until May 2013 so I will most likely be sticking with my nexus s 4g. But I absolutely love it still so that's okay. I am thinking about maybe grabbing the galaxy nexus though if I get the money. There is something about the nexus line that I absolutely love. Its like the iPhone of the android world and it also shows the evolution of android over the years. So I have always just wanted to collect them. Haha. I know I know. I'm a total geek but we will see when it launches. I wouldn't mind having one at all. Plus, next year when my contract is up the following nexus will be out and I can upgrade to that. :D

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

plee82

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
My upgrade isn't until August 2013 lol. I really like my NS4G though and I've tried the GN. I will pass on this one and maybe get the next Nexus.

jimijames

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I see no reason: 1) it's not completely outdated, but it's also not the newest tech and 2) wait 6 months and you might be able to pick it up for $50 or less on contract.

My NS4G is serving me well, and even tho I'm eligible for upgrade now, I'm staying put.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
No. Too big, not enough of an improvement on Nexus S, no LTE for 2 years (and even worse? The LTE radio in it is for 1900-2100 MHZ, and the much better 800 MHZ - which is currently IDEN - won't work with it). Also, a little less trusting of the "nexus" tag now.

nlboz

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I am debating. I to get my last Premier Gold update this year and get $150 off in September. I am hoping by then the price will have dropped, I like the Nexus S coming from the Pre. It has been an adjustment for sure, but I don’t live where we get Wimax, and we just got LTE. The next phone I get will have LTE. My biggest issue with my Nexus is I am perpetually stuck on 3G. No Wimax so no 4G and no Wi-fi where I work or at home. So for me while the Nexus is great in some ways, it still is an average phone most of the time.

The SO is getting the Note soon I may see how well he likes it and get a change to play with it. All I know is LTE is a definite for my upgrade.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
So it looks like the majority here is going to wait it out and see what else comes out down the line.
Like the Samsung Galaxy 3. The more I think about it the more I might just hold tight until at least the summer. Hopefully by then we should have a more clear picture on all the phoens come out this year.

bugz_92

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes there is a reason, two infact, CDMA and a smaller carrier.

CDMA does not matter as long as Sprint has LTE, if you see the press conference for the unveiling it was pitched for carriers that have fast data speeds. If your above statement is true then AT&T would have got it first. And I'm not saying Sprint will get it exclusively like Verizon but they would get it as soon as it comes out and not delay it like some Verizon. I mean Sprint and Google still have a good relationship, so I don't know why they wouldn't.

But what makes this phone so great even if its aged is that it still has on screen buttons. And on-screen buttons beats out any other choice. I would still say it beats out the GS3 if it were to come with hard key buttons. And those who say, it takes up space, then you don't realize that OEM's could have used all the space they used for hard buttons and replaced it with screen to fit them in. So THERE IS NO EXCUSE! Form factor to me matters. You have to admit on-screen buttons look a lot sexier than hard key buttons. Wake me up when OEM's realize that.

Grey_girl

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm another former Pre user. I love it. Had Palm devices for 10+ years. I decided on the NS4G because it struck me as what the Pre would have been if it had been developed properly. Not going to upgrade to a Nexus - just too big. The NS4G is the perfect form factor for me.

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm another former Pre user. I love it. Had Palm devices for 10+ years. I decided on the NS4G because it struck me as what the Pre would have been if it had been developed properly. Not going to upgrade to a Nexus - just too big. The NS4G is the perfect form factor for me.

I agree 4 inch screen is the sweet spot... especially for one handed use.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I like this opinion. Aside from the normal rants and raves and pluses about hardware and software of a new device your view is based completely on "who cares what they offer, I like the size and shape."

Interesting, good opinion ;)

kuoirad

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I like this opinion. Aside from the normal rants and raves and pluses about hardware and software of a new device your view is based completely on "who cares what they offer, I like the size and shape."

That's one thing that worries me about the direction phones have been going in - it seems like to get a "good" phone nowadays, you have to look big, and I'm another one who feels that 4" is the sweet spot.

Now, that being said, I've been hands on briefly with a Galaxy Nexus - it didn't *feel* that big. *shrugs*

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

It's kind of weird to offer a good/bad judgment on anyone's 'opinion'...or to say "I like this opinion". Just strikes me as an odd thing to say...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Really don't care much at all for the gnex. Definitely won't be using my upgrade for it.

I'm looking hard at the galaxys3 though. Hopefully it will come to sprint by the time I'm eligible for upgrade in July.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995