Yet another ICS Battery thread

tonykilo943

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Seriously...I am wanting to love ICS....
I have played w/ settings...I have held the home key down and swiped the programs out of the recently used area....I have changed my screen display settings..I have removed a bunch of the synchs that I don't need....

Here is a screen shot of my battery life as of this morning..any chance somebody smarter than me can peak at this and tell me WTF?

Thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what is going on there but that is completely out of the normal... Just under two hours use and down over 40 %..

Even when I ran stock ICS, I didn't have battery life that poor and I use Tapatalk and other stuff all day long on and off for visiting AC.

:confused:

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 2 hrs on battery and my Os is at 5%...

Maybe a clean install of pics will fix what ever its getting stuck on. Good luck

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

jtexans

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
It's the facebook app.

Refresh interval: Never.

Notifications: Inactive.

Android OS is down to 6% after over 4 hours of usage.

2012-04-25

Last edited:

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I have played w/ settings...I have held the home key down and swiped the programs out of the recently used area....I have changed my screen display settings..I have removed a bunch of the synchs that I don't need....

Here is a screen shot of my battery life as of this morning..any chance somebody smarter than me can peak at this and tell me WTF?

Thanks
My guess is its your crappy signal and exchange services. What else do you have running? Can you click on the graph itself and post a picture of your Mobile network systems and awake,screen on.

Something is stuck. Have you tried a battery pull and maybe even reinstalling ICS. Any new apps lately?

nismospec

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
It's the facebook app.

Refresh interval: Never.

Notifications: Inactive.

Android OS is down to 6% after over 4 hours of usage.

Click to view quoted image

I think you may be onto something...
I had my notifications as "inactive", and it prevents you from selecting "refresh interval".
Didn't notice that my refresh interval was still set to 1 hour even though the notifications were set to inactive.

May be to early to tell, but I've changed it as stated above, rebooted, and it's been about an hour and only 4% OS system usage. Previously it was 40-50% or greater.

plee82

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

Thanks

It's exchange. It's a known issue.

tonykilo943

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had it on the charger most of the day today..I will post a fresh pic of the graph tomorrow..

If it is exchange that sucks..that is really the only email that I need to synch for work...any known fix?

Hadn't been too big of a problem on GB....I was getting 12+ hours unless I spent a ton of time on the phone w/ ACTUAL phone calls.
Thanks

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Seems pretty high. What do you have actively syncing throughout the day? Here is mine after a normal day of use and off the charger for almost 11 hours, only apps set to push are my 2 Gmail accounts and their sub services (Contacts/Cal/Gmail). The rest is manual refresh (Facebook/Twitter/Drive/Wallet etc).

Polish Prince

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been great, but I'm a minimalist. I'm syncing 6 Gmail accounts (contacts, calendar, & Gmail)... I've got Talk running all the time (syncing with all 6 Gmail accounts), GPS is on all the time, and I'm always on Latitude.

I'm running Nova Launcher with 3 docks & have swipe actions on most of the icons. I am only using 2 screens.

The only widgets I use are the TapaTalk ones & the stock ICS Power widget.

My wallpaper is a custom made 8 pixel x 8 pixel solid black jpeg (sexy).

I am on Wifi for most of the time, so I know that helps alot.

I typically have my screen brightness set at the lowest level. I usually brighten it up when I'm driving though.

48de8b6a-bea4-b8a3.jpg

48de8b6a-be93-324d.jpg

48de8b6a-beb3-1a2f.jpg

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

tonykilo943

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Last night I read something that I thought might help....I have poor network signal at home and in my office at work....really don't have great signal anywhere....sprint or the radio or just bad service..who knows. Regardless..I decided to turn WIFI on and see what happens..

Here is my battery this morning...about the same time as this was posted the other day...little bit better it seems and Android OS not using as much..coincidence???

Thanks in advance

Tonian

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
This battery issue has been driving me crazy too. Used to be able to last all day without a charge with GB. Now with ICS, the battery's dead in a few hours. Same issue as other people have been describing. Out of nowhere, the phone starts getting hot and the battery gets drained after 4 hours, and when I check the battery log, Android OS is the big culprit.

I was previously dissatisfied with the amount of battery that the Facebook app was using up when I was back on GB, so I deleted the app. It sounds counterintuitive, but I re-installed it on ICS, and now Android OS doesn't seem to be eating up battery now and haven't felt the hot phone yet. Maybe Android OS was getting hung up trying to do some kind of check with a non-existent Facebook app, and now that I've installed it, it doesn't burn up battery trying to find it? (I am clearly not a tech person, so excuse the lameness of this logic if it makes no sense.)

Also, I've noticed on ICS that the auto-brightness is dimmer than when I set the brightness to as low as possible. Go figure. Since I am battery obsessed, maybe that's a good thing.

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
My battery is horrible to a point where I have thought about getting that one super thick batter but eh...

I go to sleep at 12 have left the battery fully charged unplugged from the charger and I wake up at 7am and barely anything has gone down from the battery.

But dont let me use my phone for more than 10 mins!!! boy haha I swear if I used my phone within a 1 hr time frame every 10 mins or so its going to die ...quuiick

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that's definitely not normal. My Android OS never exceeds 10% battery usage.

Does the phone get hot and does it look like it's syncing a lot?

mclasser

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Wow that is some really crappy battery life you're getting. If you have non-Gmail email accounts, perhaps try increasing the refresh interval for them. Try doing the same for any news/weather widgets. I also noticed the Facebook and Friendcaster apps are both severe battery hogs. Friendcaster a little less, but still bad overall.

tonykilo943

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE
Phone has been doing much better when on WIFI....however today I was away from wifi and check out this screen shot....you can see when the wifi went away and the battery started to die....been back on wifi for several hours and the battery doing well again....crazy stuff.

What the heck is going on with my phone???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox