Merging two contacts (same people)

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I've searched this but only seem to find examples of people merging contacts from two different platforms (google & twitter). My problem comes in with my existing Google contacts and my Google+ contacts. When I set up ICS a while ago, I integrated Google+ contacts with my Google contacts. Most contacts blended together, except for some that had nicknames.

For example. A friend from my Google contact is named "Deano". On Google+ however his name is "Dean <lastname>". While ALL of the contact info for both contacts is the exact same, it still lists them separately. Is there any way to merge these together? This has happened with a handful of contacts, including my wife.

Thanks!

jimijames

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
If you go into the desktop version of gmail, there is an option to merge contacts in your contacts list (select the 2 contacts, goto More -> Merge Contacts). I'm not sure how it would work with Google and G+ info, but it's worth a shot.

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I tried it and it only works if I have duplicate contacts as you described. However, on my phone it still shows two separate contacts. One being the regular contact from gmail, and the other being the Google+ contact. So it looks like i'm still stuck. Appreciate the help though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781