Ok I have searched and found nothing similar to the problem I am encountering(yes I know of other bootloops but nothing was helpful). Last night I fell asleep without charging my phone I plug it in when I wake up and let it completely charge. I go to turn it on and I get stuck at the google splash screen. I can access fastboot and I can get to recovery even but when I go to do a factory reset I get an error E:\format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/byname/userdata

Any idea whats going on?

One last little thing I tried an OEM unlock and even after 6 hours it's not done.
    04-29-2012 09:33 PM
    Could you give us a little more history please.

Was this the OTA or manual official update of ICS?

Is this a new device you recently picked up or something you have had for a while?

Just trying to get a little more information. I've heard of device's crashing when the battery goes completely dead but not to this extent where your having boot problems. Almost sounds like you could of had some sort of major system crash or a possible hard ware related failure. I'm thinking more along the lines of a bad system crash.

If you still have it under warranty or TEP insurance through Sprint, you maybe in for a trip to Sprint if you can't even get the device to unlock so you can attempt to reflash the device to recover.
    04-29-2012 10:53 PM
    It was OTA and the device I have had for about a year no insurance on it though ( never thought that far ahead) I paid full retail on it so I could flash it over to cricket ( I hate sprint long story) Never rooted it or anything else.
    04-29-2012 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD