Hi all,
    Wondering if anyone knows how to fix a USB port on the nexus s 4g. My cord is still ok as I can use it with my touchpad with no problems but my nexus has been iffy at best at charging and now wont charge at all. Isnt the battery bc I was able to get the wiggle just right to charge it to 100% and use it then (lasts about 2 days on 100%)
    Sprint guy said it has to be replaced but I dont have insurance. Is there a way to fix these? Stuck with my prehistoric Palm pixi and no upgrade avail until August.
    05-02-2012 05:54 PM
    You sure its the port. I sat my mine while it was plugged in. Now the wire falls out and is lose and doesn't charge if move it around.

I put the wire in any other phone and its a little loose.but always a solid connection.

I out another cable in my phone and the connection is.perfect with no problems.
    05-02-2012 08:25 PM
    My original charger went bad, became loose and fell out like he mentioned. Got a new one and has been fine since.
    05-02-2012 09:08 PM
    Hi all,
    Wondering if anyone knows how to fix a USB port on the nexus s 4g. My cord is still ok as I can use it with my touchpad with no problems but my nexus has been iffy at best at charging and now wont charge at all. Isnt the battery bc I was able to get the wiggle just right to charge it to 100% and use it then (lasts about 2 days on 100%)
    Sprint guy said it has to be replaced but I dont have insurance. Is there a way to fix these? Stuck with my prehistoric Palm pixi and no upgrade avail until August.
    Remember Samsung has a one year warranty one the phone. Odd sprint tech can't fix it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    05-02-2012 11:01 PM
    Take a look inside the port and you should see a tab. It should be in the center of the port. Mine had bent to one side and the usb plug was missing one part of it and wouldn't work properly until I bent it back in the center with a small screwdriver. Now it's fine.
    05-03-2012 06:50 AM
    I've noticed that the micro USB plug on the included charger is actually a bit SMALL. it's about 1/4 to 1/2 mm thinner than a standard Micro USB plug. If you put any kind of vertical (z-axis) pressure on the port it can cause the port on the phone to expand slightly, making the plug too small to fit.

I noticed mine started doing this when my son knocked my phone off the table while it was charging. (Thank goodness for cases and carpets!) Any other micro USB cable I own works fine, but the included one is super loose. Upon inspection I discovered the problem was the cord connector being just a smidge too narrow. So I tossed the stock cable and use another micro usb cable. Problem solved.
    05-03-2012 07:43 AM
    I just had my NS4G replaced because of the same problem.. Those only thing I may have done to it to cause it was attempting to put the cable in upside down one day. I had insurance, you don't.. Lesson learned.. These are $500-$600 devices, and it's worth the $9-$10 a month.
    05-03-2012 09:03 AM
    Sucks to hear about the USB port. The main key component of the device. I have been very lucky considering my kids rip my cord out of my device on a daily basis to steal it and play Angry Birds or Temple Run...

As someone else suggested if your still within your 1 yr date of purchase you can have Samsung service the device.. A week without it while its getting repaired is better than a useless device.
    05-03-2012 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD