My Google search is almost completely nonfunctional. It cuts off halfway through typing...or freezes up. This is the "pure Google" experience of the Nexus phone?

/Tapatalker
    05-02-2012 10:11 PM
    It has happened to me too. I'm starting to think gingerbread was just fine. It seems ics is to much for the nexus s single core.

It would be great if we can go back to GB.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    05-02-2012 10:57 PM
    Try clearing your cache for Google Search and see if that clears things up for you. Restart the phone see if that clears it up.

Are you running factory ICS? Or a custom/tweaked version?

ICS is not too much for this phone.

I am running factory ICS and everything works fine. There are a few glitches here and there, but no more than I had before with GB on this or my other phones. A restart is in order every once in a while on all of them.
    05-02-2012 11:58 PM
    Did the cache clear and reboot and it seems to work...but it still drags WAYYYYYY too slow. In GB it zipped along just like sending a text...now I type a word, wait a second or two, then it appears...then type another word....
    There's a severe lag going on. Very disappointing. I think they bogged it down considerably in some way and it makes the universal search virtually unusable.
    05-03-2012 08:08 AM
    It might just be your phone because my Nexus S 4G isnt having that issue and ics runs perfect

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    05-03-2012 08:14 AM
    n GB it zipped along just like sending a text...now I type a word, wait a second or two, then it appears...then type another word....
    There's a severe lag going on. Very disappointing. I think they bogged it down considerably in some way and it makes the universal search virtually unusable.
    This sounds like the lag that can take place as Google Search starts being up potential matches for what it thinks you might be searching for.

Have you checked the setting for Google Search to see if you have something checked to be searched that you really don't want/care that it searches when using Google Search? Try unchecking everything you don't want searched. This should speed things up some too.
    05-03-2012 07:57 PM
    It might just be your phone because my Nexus S 4G isnt having that issue and ics runs perfect
    I'm still convinced that there are some significant manufacturing differences between specific NS4G handsets. I've never rooted mine -- never done anything out of the ordinary at all with it, really -- and yet it still has trouble with dropping signals, inexplicably bogging down, and randomly rebooting (particularly when I'm using the GPS). Plenty of other people lead trouble-free lives with their NS4Gs, but for some of us it is a less-than-ideal device.
    05-07-2012 12:51 PM
    Again its depends on the phone model too and maybe rooting may fix your issues

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2
    06-05-2012 08:47 AM
    I have the same lag issues. Not only with Google search, but with SMS/MMS as well. Also, the actual phone is awful. Very unresponsive when trying to dial contacts. I've done nothing to my phone, everything was been via Sprint.
    06-07-2012 02:09 PM
    I know an easy fix. What you do is you go into the search settings and uncheck all the unnecessary things you don't need it to search. Like I keep only like 3 or 4 checked, Chrome, stock, and maybe the market. I think the problem is that android is searching too many things at one and it overloads our one core phone. That's just my guess. But the same thing was happening to me a while back and that's how I fixed it.
    06-09-2012 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD