I keep my phone in my pocket, and with Auto - Brightness on, when the phone rings while I am in the car, it is impossible to see the screen to answer. No matter how long I wait, the brightness never increases. The screen stays on min brightness, and even if I try to estimate the location of the swipe to answer, I can never see who is calling me. This is very annoying, and I have missed a lot of calls because of it. I don't recall this problem before ICS. I really don't want to leave the display on max brightness all the time. If I just take the phone out of my pocket without it ringing, it adjusts fine in a few seconds. Any solutions?
    05-17-2012 01:54 PM
    Dude, I know exactly what you mean. When I'm indoors, I don't have a problem with the auto setting. Yet outdoors, or in the car it is a royal pain-in-the-keister. There are conflicting pieces of advice about screen brightness and battery life. While some swear by auto brightness, others say leaving it at a middle setting is the best since constant switching between dim and bright eats up battery.
    05-17-2012 03:59 PM
    I think I found a solution. I bought the "Lux Auto Brightness App", so far it is working well. I'll check it out for a while and report back.
    05-17-2012 06:21 PM
    Keep it simple, I keep mine on full brightness except at night. Batteries are cheap on ebay.
    05-17-2012 11:07 PM