When I try Google Voice Actions (clicking the microphone in the upper right corner of the home screen) and say, "Call John Smith" it will show a phone icon next to a bunch of things like "John Smith Plumbing" and "John Smith Sales" but even though John Smith is in my contacts it never finds him (obviously John Smith is a fake example)! Instead it prints those businesses and then "Call John Smith" as a web search option. It's the same for ALL my contacts! Anyone know how to get this to work?
    05-17-2012 06:15 PM
    it's hit & miss.... at times when i use it to call my barber ahead of time, it gives me other options, some times it nails it ....

once i called a carry out to order food ahead of picking it up.. yes, it dial *yums carry out*, but not the one listed in my address! i arrived at the yum's for my general tao's chicken, & they said there was never an order called in.. lol.. i called the last number dialed & canceled the order at that yum's...
    05-18-2012 02:51 PM
    it's hit & miss.... at times when i use it to call my barber ahead of time, it gives me other options, some times it nails it ....

once i called a carry out to order food ahead of picking it up.. yes, it dial *yums carry out*, but not the one listed in my address! i arrived at the yum's for my general tao's chicken, & they said there was never an order called in.. lol.. i called the last number dialed & canceled the order at that yum's...
    Yes, but that's a slightly different issue. It correctly interprets what I'm saying "call John Smith" but never shows the contact "john smith" as an option! If I type it instead, it does show the contact.
    05-19-2012 12:10 AM
    Having same issue. I'd hold the search button in GB and it was flawless ... now in ICS the voice recognition seems much worse? Even with talking to compose a message... seems to happen phone side vs. server side like before. The accuracy is abysmal.
    05-21-2012 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD