Our wifi goes down frequently in our school. I use barnacle for wifi often. I've named my hotspot after my website address www.thepcpenguin.com, but would love to be able to remove the password, and just have the landing page for people's browsers be my website URL.

Is there a way to do this with barnacle? And if not, is there a way to do it with any other wifi-hotspotting applications?

-Jack
    05-24-2012 09:52 AM
    you'd have to host the site on the handset itself, it'll be very hard to re-direct to a remote site..

look at this -Run a Website on Android with PAW Server

the only problem is the limited space provided on a handset, as you edit / add to the site, it's going to mushroom.. i WAS thinking that *mirroring* a site from a dynamic dbase on the handset that re-directs to the real site, would be efficient, but that presents problems on it's own, when your hand set looses connection, or some1 tries to bookmark the your site, then go to it later only to get a broken link......

naw, a small mobile web site may work... with the former app paw web server android

& some how point all connections to localhost (127.0.0.1) & *BAM* they land on the local web server..
    05-24-2012 11:30 AM
    Our wifi goes down frequently in our school. I use barnacle for wifi often. I've named my hotspot after my website address The PC Penguin - Rexburg Computer Repair, but would love to be able to remove the password, and just have the landing page for people's browsers be my website URL.

Is there a way to do this with barnacle? And if not, is there a way to do it with any other wifi-hotspotting applications?

-Jack

jack, i think you'll like this, it's more detailed -

Turn Your Android Phone Into a Shared Internet Launching Point With PAW
    05-24-2012 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD