Got a notification that there was an update to Swype. Downloaded and installed. Now Swype is back to an older version 1.0.3 and no longer has the Sprint skin. Tried uninstalling Swype and Swype Installer, went to sprint.swype.com which redirects to beta.swype.com. Redownloaded installer which reinstalled Swype but back to 1.0.3. Running ICS. How do I get back to newer version with Sprint skin? What gives??
    06-22-2012 12:05 AM
    Got a notification that there was an update to Swype. Downloaded and installed. Now Swype is back to an older version 1.0.3 and no longer has the Sprint skin. Tried uninstalling Swype and Swype Installer, went to sprint.swype.com which redirects to beta.swype.com. Redownloaded installer which reinstalled Swype but back to 1.0.3. Running ICS. How do I get back to newer version with Sprint skin? What gives??
    The version isn't older, Swype is now out of beta stages. 1.0.3 is a official release according Swype. It's much much better then older versions. As for that special skin, it was a one time thing. It was gone on the next beta.
    06-24-2012 05:20 PM
    It's version 1.0.3 of Swype Beta. The old one was version 3.x of Swype (without the beta name). They changed the name from Swype to Swype Beta so people with preloaded versions could still install this new version side-by-side.
    06-25-2012 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD