I haven't had a problem in awhile...
    This isn't necessarily Nexus related...
    But I need help..

Every couple of weeks I get about 50 text messages that all look the same....from nobody...

Help?
    07-16-2012 07:49 PM
    I get weird texts like that... not as often but randomly do get them sometimes.
    07-16-2012 08:47 PM
    That's strange I also get those randomly

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    07-16-2012 09:22 PM
    ditto

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    07-16-2012 10:22 PM
    Those are most definitely spam messages. I get them too.
    I just read the other day an article about spam apps that collect the contact phone numbers on a phone and send them spam messages.
    In other words, somebody who you are a contact of, has this spammy app, which took your number from that person and now it's sending you spam

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    07-17-2012 12:41 AM
    A few weekends ago I was getting about 100 of those a day for about two days straight. I contacted Sprint to get them to block the number, but the sending number is nowhere to be found. It's blocked or obfuscated in some way that not even Sprint could figure out where it was coming from. Then just like that, the messages stopped (at least the deluge of them - before that weekend I used to get about one a week and now I get about one every other day or so). Very frustrating, especially if you rely on the sound that texts make to notify you of things at work breaking down.
    07-17-2012 09:54 AM
    This also happens when someone sends a text longer than the limit. (150 chars?) You get a jacked up text message. Unless you go into settings and force it to split texts for longer messags.
    07-17-2012 11:15 AM
    07-17-2012 11:43 AM
    This also happens when someone sends a text longer than the limit. (150 chars?) You get a jacked up text message. Unless you go into settings and force it to split texts for longer messags.
    That only works when you're the sender, not the receiver.. When someone doesn't split their messages, Handcent (for example) won't split their texts for you- the other way around. It's for when you are composing a text for someone else to read. Once the msg gets fubared on their end, it's fubared on your end too. Tell your friend whos ends too-long of texts to fix his sh**, and all will be good.
    07-17-2012 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD