Weird text message from unknown sender

benniejoc

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes - I've been getting them - on several different occassions - I just called Sprint and we changed the MSID - before the call I had 16 now I in less than a 1/2 hour I 18 more and they keep coming - She is supposed to call back in an hour to check
Any solutions?

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
For the record, I got 4 of them today from 1pm to 4pm, exactly on the hour.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

BTW, not rooted.

Last edited:

kuoirad

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I get them too - they seemed to pick up in number yesterday. Never noticed the "on the hour" part - I'll have to remember to check that today.

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I thought I had heard that they are the result of the new national emergency text alert system, and these scrambled texts(issues with sprint) are "tests"("this is a monthly test of the emergency alert system......this is only a test").............

Grey_girl

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I got a few between 2 and 4 PM. Then between 4:45 and 6:30 PM I received one every 2-3 minutes, when they suddenly stopped. Nothing since.

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Its odd..when it does come there's like a few to follow right after. Then it doesn't happen for awhile. Then it happens again.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
this is the issue "Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS) which the Nexus S 4G does not support at this time.Please educate customers that these messages can be ignored and that there is no way to block them." that is what sprint said...

Reactions: crackberryscott

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
this is the issue "Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS) which the Nexus S 4G does not support at this time.Please educate customers that these messages can be ignored and that there is no way to block them." that is what sprint said...

There is no way to block them on the Nexus S. Some other phones do have a way to block them.