Jelly bean update

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
probably true. honestly, i do not like ics. i don't like it at all. i want jb. if for no other reason than that.

I had a lot of stuttering when scrolling on ICS, laggy going from screen to screen too, it seems much better with JB. I would have to shut down and reboot every other day or so and do battery pull once a week to speed things up. I rarely did this on my 2 BB, only when they would lose their signals completely, maybe 3 or 4 times in 3 years total. I would not buy any phone that did not have a removable battery for that reason. That's just me.

The more I use JB, the more stable it seems compared to ICS.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to believe that you're right, that sounds like a reasonable statement, but I'm a cynic :p

I don't blame you. This was my third Android update and it followed the pattern of ICS, almost exactly 2 months after initial release. GB went OTA for me minutes after I got the phone in 7/11, so that doesn't count.

I understand the logistics of the slow roll out, but it doesn't mean we have to like it or agree with it. Think of the 20 million GSIII folks...wow. That will take weeks. Many weeks. :eek:

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

PumaMania

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting, LA County. To reiterate, Sprint claims on their forums that the roll-out takes place over a 10-21 day period. We're at about 5 days since the first people started getting their Nexus S updates. I suppose I have been lucky and that with the Epic 4G that I used to have, I always got updates one or two days after, but not this time. Still refuse to clear Google Framework.

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Los Angeles too and have not received the update. Last time we went to ice cream is got it on the first day it was available, maybe those who were updated first for ice cream are last for some jelly bean this time around.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I had to do a factory reset on my stock locked phone because the framework trick broke my push notifications. Did it at least 20 times, no jb push...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995