Jelly bean update

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Finally just made it to me in Chicago like 30 min ago man this thing is smooth and Google now no longer lags

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2

PumaMania

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I got the update pushed to me this morning (LA County), without clearing framework. It's definitely worth the wait, and it is a weight off of my shoulders :) I recommend keeping it plugged in the wall during the update process, once it's finished leave the phone alone for about 10 minutes, restart the phone, and then try to use it normally for a day and restart it after that. That settles things in. The same thing had to happen during ICS. The Nexus S feels as smooth as a Galaxy Nexus or even an iPhone after this update. Even less stuttering than Ice Cream Sandwich, and everything feels smooth.

I wish Google added 160 character splitting in Messaging though for us. I really hate using Go SMS because even the ICS theme over it doesn't feel authentically holo.

Slosh01

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Fired up the Nexus S this morning and the JB system download alert was waiting for me. Am in the process of downloading it now.

I'm in the Northern VA area.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So far I like it only difference is my jb ROM lasted a lil longer on battery life but stock is definitely smoother

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Thank God they got rid of that awful startup screen. Love the new sleek replacement. Interface is a little more fluid.

Yeah...though I thought the animation was kinda cool, it didn't really relate to the Nexus brand like the GB and JB versions with their Xs...

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Thank God they got rid of that awful startup screen. Love the new sleek replacement. Interface is a little more fluid.

Aw, I liked the acid trip startup animation! People would see it and say "Whoa, what phone is that?!" The X may be better branding, but it's boring.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2