Jelly bean update

Grey_girl

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Got it this morning in NYC. Was fine on the way to work, listening to the radio using TuneIn, some reading Twitter with TweetCaster. Had 44% battery remaining after the 90 minutes of near contant use. However, this afternoon the battery dropped from full to 14% in 2.5 hours, all due to Exchange Services, which I really can't disable. About to try some of the suggestions here: Google Groups .

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded JB Ota, didn't install perhaps because I'm rooted. Also said about signature verification failure if I recall correctly.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded JB Ota, didn't install perhaps because I'm rooted. Also said about signature verification failure if I recall correctly.

OTA needs stock recovery to flash. That is why you got the signature verification failure.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
U can be rooted and still accept the ota u just have to be stock with stock radio and kernel

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2

And stock recovery. All images must be stock.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I installed stock recovery to install JB OTA.
Then I unlocked n clockworkmod backup n root.
I had lost access to my other backup roms( went from 300Mb files to 16Mb or so).
So I made clockworkmod backup of Job Ota n then downloaded Jellybutt2.4 ROM n made clockworkmod back up too.

JB Ota n Jellybutt2.4 run smooth no problems.

Any idea why lost so much data from previous ROMs?

Suggestions on Recovery that does not interferre with Ota updates?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
My wifi is disconnecting randomly even though it is still enabled. This has happened on two reliable wireless networks.

Make sure under your WiFi settings you have it set to never shut off and disable the avoid weak WiFi signals

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae