iPhone Group Chats

brettnussb

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way or application when I receive a group chat from an iPhone user to group them all together? I am using GoSMS and have to download each one individually and each one comes in as a seperate individual text.

In GoSMS there is a setting in "Send Settings" for "MMS Group Chat-Support MMS Group chat with iPhone and Android for US Mobile Networks"...Anyone know exactly what this does? To use this feature do all members of the chat have to have the GoSMS app?

dbo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey - This will allow you to send and receive group texts with Iphone users..You can add multiple people to one text and send in one text as opposed to sending individual texts. Also you can receive a group text and the replies from other users will be added to the group thread. Its a little goofy when texts come inbound though cause you will receive the text from the individual who sent it but then GOSMS will convert it to a multimedia message and you will be notified about it again. So you'll get two notifications for the same text. It does work well though

Reactions: VDub2174

steelguitar

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey - This will allow you to send and receive group texts with Iphone users..You can add multiple people to one text and send in one text as opposed to sending individual texts. Also you can receive a group text and the replies from other users will be added to the group thread. Its a little goofy when texts come inbound though cause you will receive the text from the individual who sent it but then GOSMS will convert it to a multimedia message and you will be notified about it again. So you'll get two notifications for the same text. It does work well though

So the iPhone user doesn't need to install this app as well?

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
This is fixed in AOSP as of 4.2, i.e. the stock "messaging" app will handle group messages correctly. What version of android are you running?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol