I have been noticing that my phone's battery gets drain really fast with using gps or streaming music When using either of them the battery goes from 100% to 0% in 2-3 hours. I installed gsam battery monitor and it showed that andriod system is using 32% of the battery dont know if its normal or not.
    Phone is using custom slim 4.2 ..
    08-12-2012 05:03 PM
    Normal for our nexus s 4g. I just bought the seido 1750 mah, I was reluctant to get it and I really didn't want to get the 3500 mah battery because of its thickness. Price difference is 5 bucks between both.

Now I'm able to go through out the day without a charge....

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    08-12-2012 07:33 PM
    You know I guess this rapid battery drain doesn't make sense, getting a higher battery will only temporarily solve the problem .Seifeo is 250 mah more then the stock, so how many hours are you getting with regular use.
    08-13-2012 03:25 AM
    Its quiet common that the battery drains when you stream music. But when you install the app called 'Battery Booster', the life time of your battery can be saved by 50 - 60%.
    08-13-2012 08:10 AM
    I installed CyanogenMod 9 and have seen some gain in battery life by turning on "deep idle" (a setting in CM9).
    08-13-2012 10:29 AM
    08-13-2012 10:57 AM
    I think my main concern is the phone temp its always atleast 100 . Not sure if this is normal or not. Used to have htc evo before and that never ran so hot. Guess different manufactures does things differently ..
    08-13-2012 06:27 PM
    Cyanogenmod 9 with deep idel turned on has made an improvement for me.
    08-15-2012 02:10 PM
    This is nuts. For the past few weeks it's been draining crazy fast. This morning, for instance. On my drive to work - 30 MINUTES! - it lost 20%...from 91% down to 71%.

I'm so fed up with this phone.
    08-17-2012 07:18 AM
    This is nuts. For the past few weeks it's been draining crazy fast. This morning, for instance. On my drive to work - 30 MINUTES! - it lost 20%...from 91% down to 71%.

I'm so fed up with this phone.
    That was posted at 8:18 am. Not even TWO HOURS ago...and now it's down to 27%.

Seriously. This is getting ridiculous.
    08-17-2012 09:07 AM
    That was posted at 8:18 am. Not even TWO HOURS ago...and now it's down to 27%.

Seriously. This is getting ridiculous.
    I had the SAME problem. I installed CyanogenMod9 and turned on deep idle and it's improved a lot. Just try it.
    08-17-2012 10:29 AM
    I had the SAME problem. I installed CyanogenMod9 and turned on deep idle and it's improved a lot. Just try it.
    I'm not rooted and I'm not really clear on the effects of or the process of rooting and/or flashing. At this point I just feel like it's too late...
    08-20-2012 12:24 PM
    I'm not rooted and I'm not really clear on the effects of or the process of rooting and/or flashing. At this point I just feel like it's too late...
    The nice thing about CM9 is that you can turn rooting off (which I have done). It's just a setting in the Settings app. So you root the phone to install CM9 and then once you boot up, just go into:

Settings -> Developer Options -> Root access (Disabled)
    08-20-2012 01:35 PM
    The nice thing about CM9 is that you can turn rooting off (which I have done). It's just a setting in the Settings app. So you root the phone to install CM9 and then once you boot up, just go into:

Settings -> Developer Options -> Root access (Disabled)
    But, in getting to that point, aren't you basically wiping everything off your phone and starting fresh? While there's probably something cathartic about it, it seems like it would be kind of a pita...if you get my drift.
    08-20-2012 02:16 PM
    But, in getting to that point, aren't you basically wiping everything off your phone and starting fresh? While there's probably something cathartic about it, it seems like it would be kind of a pita...if you get my drift.
    No it basically hides the superuser access but it still shows that the boot loader is unlocked and those battery saving tips worked

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    08-25-2012 01:03 PM
    Yes, you do have to clear everything off the phone but:

1. You can back up your call logs and a lot of the other local info before rooting
    2. Most stuff is stored "in the cloud" and thus can be restored automatically
    08-27-2012 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD