Sprint has updated their Nexus S 4G upgrade page today, 9/6/12, for the JellyBean update.

Find and update the software version on your Nexus S 4G from Google
    09-07-2012 06:38 AM
    It's weird, I see the page but it doesn't seem like anyone has gotten their hands on it yet.
    09-07-2012 07:52 AM
    It's weird, I see the page but it doesn't seem like anyone has gotten their hands on it yet.
    It's a slow roll-out.

There are people who received the update, they're just not tech-savvy enough to post on a forum online.

Be patient, it's out there and you WILL get it.
    09-07-2012 08:12 AM
    It's a slow roll-out.

There are people who received the update, they're just not tech-savvy enough to post on a forum online.

Be patient, it's out there and you WILL get it.
    Yeah but usually in the past with Google updates someone will "stumble upon" the link from Google's servers and post it up for all to enjoy. This just seems odd that it's been out since yesterday and no one here or on XDA has that link.
    09-07-2012 09:24 AM
    Yeah but usually in the past with Google updates someone will "stumble upon" the link from Google's servers and post it up for all to enjoy. This just seems odd that it's been out since yesterday and no one here or on XDA has that link.
    It only just hit the Galaxy Nexus last night, Google is most likely slowly pushing the update because they'd rather not have another 4.0.3 on their hands. This is to two phones at one time instead of the usual one phone at a time.

It's not really odd, it's just something different as to what we're used to.
    09-07-2012 09:28 AM
    Problem is only the diehards are out looking for the Google download link. The majority of the people are so excited waiting for JB to come they except the update and start the process and by then its too late....
    09-07-2012 11:25 AM
    Problem is only the diehards are out looking for the Google download link. The majority of the people are so excited waiting for JB to come they except the update and start the process and by then its too late....
    Of course Google could realize only the diehards are checking their download link page and just post the thing up already!
    09-07-2012 11:35 AM
    Of course Google could realize only the diehards are checking their download link page and just post the thing up already!
    Jean-Baptiste Queru who works at Google on AOSP would be the one to put the download link up.

However, he's stated multiple times when asked on Google Groups and Google+ that he does not really support people manually updating the OTAs themselves as that's when things tend to break. He's all for waiting for the OTA as if there are any showstopping bugs (such as the case with Android 4.0.3), Google can stop the roll-out before it hits your phone whereas if you manually apply it, you're on your own.

Case in point, those on XDA who manually updated the GSM Nexus S to JB had issues that those who waited for the OTA did not have.

Besides, Sprint has stated the update will take from September 6th to September 13th. That's only one week. We've waited about a month and 2-3 weeks for an OTA so what's a few days to a week more?
    09-07-2012 01:14 PM
    I don't know about that, if you can get the link and flash the images yourself like the versions here: https://developers.google.com/androi...s/images#sojus then you can presumably flash an older working version of a newer broken version.

My point is that if you even know where that page is in the first place, you're in the group of people who know how to flash a handset using fastboot. If there are issues with the initial OTA images, then I'm sure the patches will be applied to the aosp, again, the same group of people can build that out are probably the same group of people looking for the images.

Jean-Baptiste Queru who works at Google on AOSP would be the one to put the download link up.

However, he's stated multiple times when asked on Google Groups and Google+ that he does not really support people manually updating the OTAs themselves as that's when things tend to break. He's all for waiting for the OTA as if there are any showstopping bugs (such as the case with Android 4.0.3), Google can stop the roll-out before it hits your phone whereas if you manually apply it, you're on your own.

Case in point, those on XDA who manually updated the GSM Nexus S to JB had issues that those who waited for the OTA did not have.

Besides, Sprint has stated the update will take from September 6th to September 13th. That's only one week. We've waited about a month and 2-3 weeks for an OTA so what's a few days to a week more?
    09-07-2012 02:28 PM
    I don't know about that, if you can get the link and flash the images yourself like the versions here: https://developers.google.com/androi...s/images#sojus then you can presumably flash an older working version of a newer broken version.

My point is that if you even know where that page is in the first place, you're in the group of people who know how to flash a handset using fastboot. If there are issues with the initial OTA images, then I'm sure the patches will be applied to the aosp, again, the same group of people can build that out are probably the same group of people looking for the images.
    Just because you know how to flash a handset doesn't mean it prevents bugs. The original NS OTA had bugs and it took almost two months to push it out.

Also, most people looking for the images are just those who want someone else to compile a ROM from them OR they just flash things and don't really know how to go about creating ROMs.

Again, if you manually flash an OTA and it turns out to break your device, that's your fault. T-Mobile users who flashed 4.0.3 were stuck with a broken OS for four months until Google pushed 4.0.4. I recall more people complaining about "ICS sucks!" than "Hey, how do we fix this ourselves?"
    09-07-2012 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD