09-28-2012 09:29 AM
81 1234
tools
    Really? I haven't had a single problem with Swype. I didn't even have to set it as default right after the update...it was just there, working great as usual.
    When I upgraded from the ICS I was using, SwiftKey stuck fine after every reboot. Once I did a factory reset to start out JB fresh, SwiftKey wouldn't stick on reboots, now all of the sudden it stayed the default keyboard on a reboot I just did. I'll keep on seeing if I changes.
    09-13-2012 05:17 PM
    Does wifi tether (either native or 3rd party) work on Jellybean?
    09-14-2012 01:55 AM
    Good question!
    09-14-2012 07:51 AM
    Stock camera has improved quite a bit.
    09-14-2012 12:53 PM
    Originally Posted by Mellimel22<br />
    I haven't charged my phone till a couple hours ago that really was my battery time tyvm<br />
    <br />
    Sent from my Nexus S 4g rocking Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    <br />
    <br />
    See the battery graph going up and down? The battery does not do that normally.<br />
    <br />
    You are either constantly plugging it into a power source (most likely a computer or something) and it's feeding it battery power, your battery is broken, or you're playing with some &quot;battery fixing app&quot; which is causing your battery to act incorrectly.<br />
    <br />
    The battery will drain and that graph will go down, it may level off for a bit but it will go down, it never goes up unless it's receiving power.
    I do have a battery fixing app u just couldn't c it on my notification bar hince the battery life anyway NO WAY can a ns4g can accomplish that alone

09-14-2012 03:24 PM
    Yes. If you are properly rooted. Used these settings:

Wifi tether version 3.2-beta2
    Profile: google nexus s 4g
    Setup method: netd-ndc (master)
    Encryption On
    Wifi driver reload On
    Routing fix On
    hlxanthus likes this.
    09-14-2012 04:30 PM
    Yes. If you are properly rooted. Used these settings:

Wifi tether version 3.2-beta2
    Profile: google nexus s 4g
    Setup method: netd-ndc (master)
    Encryption On
    Wifi driver reload On
    Routing fix On

Thanks. I'll try that in a couple of days when I don't need to be immediately available by phone. Does that mean the native tether doesn't work?

I ask because on the recent Cyanogen JB mods, activating the native tether kills the wifi signal completely.
    09-14-2012 06:18 PM
    Thanks. I'll try that in a couple of days when I don't need to be immediately available by phone. Does that mean the native tether doesn't work?

I ask because on the recent Cyanogen JB mods, activating the native tether kills the wifi signal completely.
    Activating wifi tether deactivates wifi if it is connected. You cannot use both, at least I have never seen a phone/rom that allows this.
    09-14-2012 06:31 PM
    Activating wifi tether deactivates wifi if it is connected. You cannot use both, at least I have never seen a phone/rom that allows this.
    Sorry, let me clarify. In CM JB, wifi tether kills the data signal.
    09-14-2012 06:47 PM
    Well that makes more sense LOL and indeed something to be concerned about
    09-14-2012 06:53 PM
    I do have a battery fixing app u just couldn't c it on my notification bar hince the battery life anyway NO WAY can a ns4g can accomplish that alone

This is why your battery life isn't something that can be used as a testament to normal battery life on the phone. You basically rigged it to have more battery life.

Also, I've gotten 1 to 2 days of battery life out of my phone easily. This was back on ICS so I don't know about JB just yet.
    09-14-2012 07:41 PM
    If rig u mean just install 2x battery app then yeah I did it and if this app gives me this battery life I should've done this months ago lol

09-14-2012 07:51 PM
    Anyone have their Google maps app running in the background a lot? Can't seem to figure out why. It's not allowing my phone to sleep. See my screen shots below. I thought I had turned off latitude. Any thoughts would be awesome. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    09-15-2012 08:32 AM
    Maps is consuming 2X more than 'screen' on my NS4G. After 3 hours since charging, 36% of battery consumption is for maps, 18% for screen, similar results yesterday. That has not happened in the past with ICS or GB.
    09-15-2012 12:05 PM
    But I finally got the ota today (early bday present sep16) the stock rom is 5x better than the roms and the ROMs wasnt that bad lol good job AGAIN GOOGLE N SPRINT:beer:

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    berrydroidapple likes this.
    09-15-2012 05:30 PM
    I got the OTA last week and so far I love it. Everything runs smoothly and at this point I've had no problems with jelly bean. I will say I miss the punctuations running across the top of the keyboard.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    09-15-2012 05:37 PM
    Anyone have their Google maps app running in the background a lot? Can't seem to figure out why. It's not allowing my phone to sleep. See my screen shots below. I thought I had turned off latitude. Any thoughts would be awesome. Thanks. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/15/etabu2a3.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/15/2edegyvu.jpg

Not sure, but I think that is because of Google Now. I was having problems with battery life and I turned that off...and since then I haven't noticed anything.

Has anyone else had a problem with charging (original wall charger). It doesn't work. I have to plug it up to my laptop...and then it's super slow to charge. I did notice something however, with it plugged into the wall it wouldn't show it was charging, but if I went into settings and clicked on battery it would show it was charging(but it would never charge up).

I did also notice Google Play wasn't working at first...I restarted it twice then BAM it worked lol. Other than that no other serious issues.

BTW I'm rockin a NS4G.
    09-16-2012 12:01 AM
    I use a dedicated charging cable, not the break away usb kind,I noticed it takes a lot longer to charge with the usb ones, or with the jb update almost not at all while the screen is on

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
    09-16-2012 12:33 AM
    Got the OTA early today so I'm still trying to figure out all the differences...
    Wondering if any one can help with a couple questions, thanks in advance...
    1.how to root?
    2.how to take a screen shot?
    09-16-2012 01:19 AM
    1 same methods as before
    2.same as before lol hold down the power and volume down buttons

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2
    09-16-2012 01:40 AM
    I got the OTA last week and so far I love it. Everything runs smoothly and at this point I've had no problems with jelly bean. I will say I miss the punctuations running across the top of the keyboard.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    You can change that in your android keyboard settings. All you have to do is to disable auto-predictive text and you can get the punctuation running across the keyboard again
    09-16-2012 08:40 AM
    I'm thinking I might have to try and turn off Google now. My battery life is terrible after a week so far. I can't last past 8hrs with light use. Maybe I was spoiled using Bugless Beast. Might add air kernel to see if that helps. If not I might try codename android.

09-16-2012 08:55 AM
    Thanks but as for the screen shot, I tried that and it doesn't work!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
    09-16-2012 09:40 AM
    Ok, after a trip for errands yesterday, it seems my battery life is about the same in Jelly Bean as it was in ICS. However, I'm actually getting a much better signal in places I didn't get a good one at before. Also, Google Now and Enhanced Voice Search work pretty snappy if the signal is good, it seems. So, no complaints so far on battery life with 3G. Still haven't tried streaming music or YouTube on 3G but we'll see.
    09-16-2012 10:36 AM
    Runs pretty snappy for me! Just hit's the battery a little harder...
    09-16-2012 11:09 PM
81 1234