How does the official OTA JellyBean run? (put your reviews here)

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I haven't charged my phone till a couple hours ago that really was my battery time tyvm

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rocking Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
A bug in JB doesn't allow SwiftKey to stick as the default keyboard after a reboot which is extremely annoying. Also Beautiful Widgets doesn't stick either.
I think its a 3rd party keyboard bug in general.. Same goes for Swype... I have to re select it quite a few times throughout the day on my Sprint GNex running JB... Same for my NS4G.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I think its a 3rd party keyboard bug in general.. Same goes for Swype... I have to re select it quite a few times throughout the day on my Sprint GNex running JB... Same for my NS4G.

Really? I haven't had a single problem with Swype. I didn't even have to set it as default right after the update...it was just there, working great as usual.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Really? I haven't had a single problem with Swype. I didn't even have to set it as default right after the update...it was just there, working great as usual.

Yep.. I haven't messed with the NS4G much but I know on my GNex its constantly reverting back to the native KB and I have to reselect Swype.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I haven't charged my phone till a couple hours ago that really was my battery time tyvm

See the battery graph going up and down? The battery does not do that normally.

You are either constantly plugging it into a power source (most likely a computer or something) and it's feeding it battery power, your battery is broken, or you're playing with some "battery fixing app" which is causing your battery to act incorrectly.

The battery will drain and that graph will go down, it may level off for a bit but it will go down, it never goes up unless it's receiving power.

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site

When I upgraded from the ICS I was using, SwiftKey stuck fine after every reboot. Once I did a factory reset to start out JB fresh, SwiftKey wouldn't stick on reboots, now all of the sudden it stayed the default keyboard on a reboot I just did. I'll keep on seeing if I changes.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Originally Posted by Mellimel22<br />
I haven't charged my phone till a couple hours ago that really was my battery time tyvm<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
See the battery graph going up and down? The battery does not do that normally.<br />
<br />
You are either constantly plugging it into a power source (most likely a computer or something) and it's feeding it battery power, your battery is broken, or you're playing with some "battery fixing app" which is causing your battery to act incorrectly.<br />
<br />
The battery will drain and that graph will go down, it may level off for a bit but it will go down, it never goes up unless it's receiving power.

I do have a battery fixing app u just couldn't c it on my notification bar hince the battery life anyway NO WAY can a ns4g can accomplish that alone

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes. If you are properly rooted. Used these settings:

Wifi tether version 3.2-beta2
Profile: google nexus s 4g
Setup method: netd-ndc (master)
Encryption On
Wifi driver reload On
Routing fix On

Thanks. I'll try that in a couple of days when I don't need to be immediately available by phone. Does that mean the native tether doesn't work?

I ask because on the recent Cyanogen JB mods, activating the native tether kills the wifi signal completely.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I'll try that in a couple of days when I don't need to be immediately available by phone. Does that mean the native tether doesn't work?

I ask because on the recent Cyanogen JB mods, activating the native tether kills the wifi signal completely.

Activating wifi tether deactivates wifi if it is connected. You cannot use both, at least I have never seen a phone/rom that allows this.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I do have a battery fixing app u just couldn't c it on my notification bar hince the battery life anyway NO WAY can a ns4g can accomplish that alone

This is why your battery life isn't something that can be used as a testament to normal battery life on the phone. You basically rigged it to have more battery life.

Also, I've gotten 1 to 2 days of battery life out of my phone easily. This was back on ICS so I don't know about JB just yet.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If rig u mean just install 2x battery app then yeah I did it and if this app gives me this battery life I should've done this months ago lol

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have their Google maps app running in the background a lot? Can't seem to figure out why. It's not allowing my phone to sleep. See my screen shots below. I thought I had turned off latitude. Any thoughts would be awesome. Thanks.
etabu2a3.jpg
2edegyvu.jpg

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

mmaldin

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Maps is consuming 2X more than 'screen' on my NS4G. After 3 hours since charging, 36% of battery consumption is for maps, 18% for screen, similar results yesterday. That has not happened in the past with ICS or GB.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
But I finally got the ota today (early bday present sep16) the stock rom is 5x better than the roms and the ROMs wasnt that bad lol good job AGAIN GOOGLE N SPRINT:beer:

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair