Screen Broke

jezer29

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys... I have a Nexus S4G from Sprint that recently my screen broke, now you can still notice that the phone turns on by the led lights of the bottom sensor buttons. What I want to know is there any possible way that I can still access the what I have on the phone and then wipe everything out as I plan to sell the phone for parts.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Try googling android screencast. The rub is I believe you have to have USB debugging mode enabled on the phone to make it run so it may not be of much help.

Can you tell if the touch screen works? Maybe we can talk you thru enabling it blind if it does

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

jezer29

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
The touch screen doesnt seem to work b/c when I notice that its on I tap the home buttons and usually it would vibrate when I do that but I dont feel any response.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried booting into the bootloader? Power off, hold volume up and power button.

jezer29

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
No I havent, I just did though. I believe its on but what are the steps to get to wipe out the USB I forgot how many clicks on the volume button I should do, or to get it to debugging mode...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If you can get booted into your bootloader then you can flash the factory images using fastboot and your computer along with putting in a wipe command in fastboot to wipe the entire device.

If you don't already have fastboot on your computer then download the package I have included in this post. Extract it's contents to a folder, example "FASTBOOT" on your C:// drive of your computer.

View attachment Fastboot-ADB package.zip

Go ahead and boot into your bootloader as instructed. Then connect your device to your computer via USB cable.

Next in those files I provided above is a file called "command prompt.bat", go ahead and click on it. This will open a command prompt window on your computer.

Type the following command to see if you have a connection between your device and computer.

Code:
fastboot devices

Its either going to give you a "waiting on device" meaning you don't have a connection and need drivers installed or it will return a prompt with some numbers showing the device is connected.

Report back with results and we can move forward.

jezer29

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank you paul I will go ahead and do that as soon as I get home. Im at work right now and I know it wont let me download the file you provided.. But I'll make sure I come back and keep you posted on my results. Thanx again

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
No prob man. We should be able to get you connected and wipe it clean so you can do as you please with it.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Paul, is there an option you can think of that might help him retrieve maybe his SD card data? I believe he was hoping to save some stuff.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not that I can think of off the top of my head...

Without ADB access which you would need to be booted and have debugging enabled I think its out of the question. Maybe someone else can chime in but I can't think of anything ATM.

cineast84

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I have the same problem (display and touch broken - black screen).
Installed the Fastboot, opened the command prompt.bat file and typed in "fastboot devices" --> nothing happened. no "waiting on device", no numbers just the windows sound which occurs when you plug in a usb device.
Any idea?

Cheers from Germany

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol