Goodbye Nexus S 4G (and Sprint), hello Nexus 4! Anyone else switching?

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Even with Cyanogenmod, this phone is getting past its due. So I bought the Nexus 4! Anyone else making that switch?

From using the Nexus S, I really liked the idea of a Nexus device, stock OS and rooting (along with custom ROMs) but I hated waiting for updates. So the only way I'd go with a Nexus again would be if Google had control over the updates.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Last week to the t-mobile pre-paid plan. Too early to tell, but so far so good!

I don't miss Sprint, but I do miss the 4inch form factor a little.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I will be switching early next year. Not due to the device! Yes it is old, but Sprint has had my area in the dark for too long... Every other carrier in my area has blazing fast 4g. Instead of upgrading current 4g towers they could be lighting up cities that have dial up like speeds. Suck it Sprint! I want a divorce!!!

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
While it lacks LTE, it has HSPA+, and from my experiences, the two are similar (unless you're, say, trying to upload a video from your phone, something I never do). Also, since it requires no new hardware, I expect you'll see HSPA+ rollout to be faster and smoother than LTE, should the carriers deign to upgrade 3G with HSPA+ in smaller areas for cost.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Last week to the t-mobile pre-paid plan. Too early to tell, but so far so good!

I don't miss Sprint, but I do miss the 4inch form factor a little.

I agree on the size. The perfect size would be 4.3".

How's the speed/service of TMobile vs Sprint? What about the radios in the N4? The Nexus S 4G had bad radios. Is the battery life better?

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm locked into Sprint for now, so the 4 is a no go for me. Lack of LTE is an issue for that device as well.

How long do you have left? I *think* Sprint might let you out for a prorated cost of the $150 cancellation fee. So if you have 6 months left, you'd only owe $37.50 to get out of your contract.

Also, the lack of LTE being an issue depends on where you are. In some areas, TMobile's HSPA+ consistently gets 15-20mbps.

Slosh01

May 30, 2011
Visit site
+1

Sprint's marginal service, even in & around metro DC, just sucks. I'm looking at taking the hit on the cancellation fee & going to T-Mo on a pre-paid plan. I figure I'll wait until the new year and see how the first wave of the Nexus 4 issues & unforeseen bugs are handled by Google & LG.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
How long do you have left? I *think* Sprint might let you out for a prorated cost of the $150 cancellation fee. So if you have 6 months left, you'd only owe $37.50 to get out of your contract.

Also, the lack of LTE being an issue depends on where you are. In some areas, TMobile's HSPA+ consistently gets 15-20mbps.

I just checked and apparently, they do prorate it but only to a point and they upped the cancellation fee to $350!
Learn about Early Termination Fee

chestont

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
My contract is up and I think I'm going to try out a Nexus 4 with T-Mo's $30 plan in January. I have Sprint Wimax here, but looking forward to seeing whether ST or T-Mo prepaid can offer more consistent coverage.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
nusy9y3a.jpg
Well I just gave a friend my ns4g traded a sgs2 and got a free Gnex with a outterbox case and I'm in Chicago so lte ALL over the city

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
edeheta6.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante