please help with sprint nexus 4g no sound..

CHEOYKELL

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
hello i have a sprint nexus s4g android ver 4.1.1.today i been trying to play music and i am not getting no sound from device at all.when i plug in my headphones i can hear,but not nothing coming through speakers..checked all the setting on volume and everything is on high,silent is off,even restored the phone and still same issue..someone please help me..thank you

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible that your headphone jack has malfunctioned. I've heard of this in the past from people who use headphones regularly, all the sudden its like the headphone jack mode gets jammed and cancels out the normal speakers even when not plugged in.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If you have exhausted all possibilities of a software related issue by factory reset or flashing the factory images to reset the entire device ( if your bootloader is unlocked ) then it may come down to hardware.

I know some people have gotten lucky and able to play around with the head phone jack popping headphones in and out and its returned to normal but again thats usually a sign of hardware at that point.

CHEOYKELL

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I think it might be hardware issue.after getting your help with rooting last night I played around with it to see and still no sound. So I unrooted device and went back to stock see if that helps and no..so rerooted device...