I don't want to preorder till I know. I love the looks and specs but if this isn't going to be touched by skilled hands ill have to go with another phone. Thanks in advance!
    03-31-2011 10:34 AM
    There is this little start-up called Google that will be developing for the Nexus S. Sounds exciting!
    03-31-2011 10:56 AM
    There is this little start-up called Google that will be developing for the Nexus S. Sounds exciting!
    Your sarcasm is uncalled for. If you have another thought like that in the future, please refrain from posting it.

I don't want to preorder till I know. I love the looks and specs but if this isn't going to be touched by skilled hands ill have to go with another phone. Thanks in advance!
    If this phone really is "pure Google", I'm sure there will be a lot of folks developing for it that prefer CDMA over GSM. If you're hesitant you could always wait a month after release and see where the development is going.
    03-31-2011 11:21 AM
    Thanks Ragnarox I appreciate your time and input
    03-31-2011 01:34 PM
    No problem!

My real hope is that development that has already happened for the GSM Nexus S will be utilized in the development of the CDMA Nexus. Obviously the modem and kernel would be different, but the OS itself should be very similar between the two.
    04-01-2011 12:28 PM
    The NS4G will prolly get some love from Team ****** (They Put out Cyanogenmod)
    04-01-2011 12:36 PM
    ^ that and the fact that you get updates straight from Google are probably the top two reasons to get this phone if you're a fan of rooting, ROMs, etc.
    04-01-2011 12:38 PM
    I really want this phone more for the size. I do not use the keyboard at all.
    And updates from google, not sprint would be sweet.
    I love my Epic except for the size, just don't know of I can give up the developers. I feel the Epic will never be updated, but don't care since I am rooted and modded with a.c. And xda.
    I just wonder if the same will happen, hoping
    04-02-2011 07:07 AM
    It's a Nexus, it will have a good dev community. Probably by the same people working on the GSM version, I imagine only small tweaks will have to be made to port the work already done to the Sprint version.
    04-02-2011 12:13 PM
    Can this phone just land in my lap already? I'd love to play with this one.
    04-06-2011 08:58 PM
    Think I might swing by BB and check out the Nexus S to see if I like it more than my new Epic
    04-07-2011 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD