What phone will you be switching from?

What kind of phone are you swapping out for the Nexus S 4G?

• Total voters

jbugos

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
What to do

I am considering a switch from Pre (Day 1 user). I have been with Sprint so long, I hate to switch. I am considering going to Verizon for the iPhone also. Can anyone give some advice iPhone vs a Nexus phone. I will miss the physical keyboard either way I guess.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I am considering a switch from Pre (Day 1 user). I have been with Sprint so long, I hate to switch. I am considering going to Verizon for the iPhone also. Can anyone give some advice iPhone vs a Nexus phone. I will miss the physical keyboard either way I guess.

Why would you want to put a set of hand cuffs on by switching to an iPhone? No question that the Nexus will be a more comfortable switch from the Pre. I switched from a Pre to an Android (Evo 4G). Absolutely no regrets.

jp22382

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
No question that the Nexus will be a more comfortable switch from the Pre. I switched from a Pre to an Android (Evo 4G). Absolutely no regrets.

I was worried at first, but have done some research and found enough apps that offer features I would miss from my Pre (mainly gestures).

So now instead of waiting (and waiting) for HP to release something, I picked a phone that keeps dodging a release date :) arg.

McRoth

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I was worried at first, but have done some research and found enough apps that offer features I would miss from my Pre (mainly gestures).

So now instead of waiting (and waiting) for HP to release something, I picked a phone that keeps dodging a release date :) arg.

I'm in the same boat!! Too funny, in a sad way. I'm starting to look for a used Evo to get me by until either the Nexus or Evo 3d comes out.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Wave Launcher...ftw!!! :-D :-D

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

darealm

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Palm Pre, my patience with Palm and now HP is gone.

I love the OS, but it needs another couple years to bake.

Bought on launch day with Sprint and have tried to stick with it.

Ditto here. I really tried to stick with it, but my patience is completely gone.

I wonder how many Palm Pre users are going to switch over...seems like just from this small sample of people on the forum that there could be quite a few. A lot has happened in two years and Android has become a very compelling OS. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is losing access to my Corporate MS exchange account (i guess .cer files dont work on android). Anyway, guess I'll be migrating from PreCentral to AndroidCentral as my daily go-to site.

Gorn

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Another Pre- here. HPalm are just rearranging the deck chairs on that sinking ship. Which is unfortunate, because the OS is really great.

blu8503

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
ill be coming from a plused pre -.

someone should make a how many people are switching from a palm poll.
if Nexus S 4G on Sprint has converted a webOS fan who took the time to Plus his Pre-, I think that says a lot about how many people are switching over

craigwann

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
if Nexus S 4G on Sprint has converted a webOS fan who took the time to Plus his Pre-, I think that says a lot about how many people are switching over

Yeah, the WebOS user base is down to the hardcore rank and file now, and those who just don't like switching phones. You'll only see two more waves of defectors after the Nexus - those waiting for the Evo 3d, and those switching to the iPhone after their 2 year is up June 1 - but that will happen about the same time. After that, the WebOS community will be running on fumes until the Pre 3 comes out - and possibly for a while after.

Personally, I think the Nexus is the most attractive choice for a webos fan. I'm going to miss cards based multitasking and just type though...

everyday17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the WebOS user base is down to the hardcore rank and file now, and those who just don't like switching phones. You'll only see two more waves of deflectors after the Nexus - those waiting for the Evo 3d, and those switching to the iPhone after their 2 year is up June 1 - but that will happen about the same time. After that, the WebOS community will be running on fumes until the Pre 3 comes out - and possibly for a while after.

Personally, I think the Nexus is the most attractive choice for a webos fan. I'm going to miss cards based multitasking and just type though...

I feel like I held out on Palm long enough, I had myself convinced that Palm was turning things around. The announcement in February was the last straw for me, and I am much happier now (except that darn Evo 3D hasn't come out yet and I'm still using this POS Pre- :mad:).

blu8503

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the WebOS user base is down to the hardcore rank and file now, and those who just don't like switching phones. You'll only see two more waves of defectors after the Nexus - those waiting for the Evo 3d, and those switching to the iPhone after their 2 year is up June 1 - but that will happen about the same time. After that, the WebOS community will be running on fumes until the Pre 3 comes out - and possibly for a while after.

This should help with those things you mentioned:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/33254-palm-webos-homebrewers-guide-android.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1