Owning the Samsung Epic for a week on Sprint before I noticed how horrible the GPS was on it. When indoors it would rarely lock on. When in a car moving it would rarely lock on. I returned the device and just went back to my Pre. Now my question is with this device is since its made by Samsung like the Epic will it have the same problem I wonder??? Any original Nexus S owners here that can clarify how well the GPS works? My Pre can lock on even if I am going 100 mph. Always get a lock within 5-10 seconds too. I will not live with a device that takes 1-3 minutes to lock like the Epic did and that was only when outside! Just curious because this is a major factor in whether I buy this device or wait out for the Evo 3D...
    04-07-2011 12:24 AM
    Bump..... Anyone?
    04-10-2011 12:31 AM
    Don't have an answer for you, but i do have a suggestion.

You should try posting this is the Samsung Nexus S thread. Might be easier to get answers from the current Nexus S owners there.
    04-10-2011 12:52 AM
    Just so you know, my epic locks within a few seconds.. I've been using it heavily all throughout my vacation. I've been using custom roms for a while, but I'm pretty sure it has been fixed in stock well.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    04-10-2011 02:53 AM
    The Nexus S GPS doesn't have any of the GPS issues the Galaxy S phones had. GPS shouldn't be an issue with the Nexus S, works with no problems for me.
    Thrasherx2k1 likes this.
    04-10-2011 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD