I'm a total Nexus S fanboy. Ask away

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
30uxr9d.jpg

thats the OEM battery. Never trust specs on the web.

Thanks very much - this IS a Sprint Nexus S correct?

If this is so, than the Sprint Samsung Moment battery IS the same even if you never had a Samsung Moment. I say this, because if you buy the battery by searching a Sprint Nexus S, the cost is around $35'ish, but if you buy it for a Samsung Moment, it cost about $10'ish - same exact part number - this will be Great! :cool:

jaydee808

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to android phones so please forgive me for some of my simple questions. My contract with AT&T is finally over so I'm going to be switching from an iPhone.

On one of the threads I read that the Nexus/Samsungs GPS really sucks. I do use navigation quite a bit so this could be a problem. Do I have to use sammys navi with the nexus? Can't I just download googles gps instead from the marketplace? I kept reading how bad sammys gps is but no one mentioned about downloading another one.

One of the things I like about the iPhone are the podcasts I could download through iTunes. Is there an app on the android market where I could download the podcasts from iTunes?

Off topic, but does sprint have as good of coverage as verizon? Because when I went into the sprint store, I told the rep my friends Verizon phone has really good reception in one area where my AT&T phone doesn't. The rep told me sprint uses the same towers as Verizon so the reception will be the same as a Verizon Phone

Thanks

va2azerik

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

If this is so, than the Sprint Samsung Moment battery IS the same even if you never had a Samsung Moment. I say this, because if you buy the battery by searching a Sprint Nexus S, the cost is around $35'ish, but if you buy it for a Samsung Moment, it cost about $10'ish - same exact part number - this will be Great! :cool:

I don't think this is a Sprint nexus S because of the sim card above the battery.

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
My husband has a Samsung Epic and they sent him a OTA update for the Nav system and now it works great. When he first got the phone a week ago it wouldn't work very well at all. Now he is a happy camper.

mikevo

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I was told that none of the Sprint apps are included on the phone, but they will be available from Sprint. I don't know if that means the market, or the Sprint website.

A list of sprint apps in the market of my rooted Evo.

Sprint music plus, Sprint radio, Sprint football live, Sprint family locator, Qik video by sprint, Sprint mobile alerts, Sprint VRS

Ghil, any chance of another Nexus device being anounced by years end? 2 of the lines of my Family plan w/Sprint are upgrade eligable Oct 1. I don't want to get the NS 4G then have a 3rd gen Nexus rolled out a couple of months later. If and when a 3rd gen comes out I'm sure it would be a duel core or more processor. Oh and I appoligise for not reading the whole thread but how is your battery life? Thanks !!!

check that...saw your responce about battery life. Love my Evo but want better battery life and don't want to wait for os updates anymore is why I'll switch phones and a Nexus is such device. I think Google should play nice with the next Nexus by having it released on multiple carriers on the same day so you don't have people jumping ship because it's not coming to their carrier then poof 3-4 months later it does.

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't think this is a Sprint nexus S because of the sim card above the battery.
Right. This is the T-Mobile version. I was told that the only difference between the two will be the radio, but won't be 100% sure for a couple days until i can get my hands on a Sprint version.

On one of the threads I read that the Nexus/Samsungs GPS really sucks. I do use navigation quite a bit so this could be a problem. Do I have to use sammys navi with the nexus? Can't I just download googles gps instead from the marketplace? I kept reading how bad sammys gps is but no one mentioned about downloading another one.

Completely different hardware and software. GPS on the Nexus S is just fine, both inside and outside.

One of the things I like about the iPhone are the podcasts I could download through iTunes. Is there an app on the android market where I could download the podcasts from iTunes?

No idea. You don't need iTunes with Android to get podcasts though. Just enter the podcast feed url in any of the podcatcher apps and you can DL and listen right from the phone

Ghil, any chance of another Nexus device being anounced by years end? 2 of the lines of my Family plan w/Sprint are upgrade eligable Oct 1. I don't want to get the NS 4G then have a 3rd gen Nexus rolled out a couple of months later. If and when a 3rd gen comes out I'm sure it would be a duel core or more processor. Oh and I appoligise for not reading the whole thread but how is your battery life? Thanks !!!
No idea about another Nexus coming out. Probably will, but will probably be GSM at least for a while.

Battery life is really good. Screenshot attached, and that's after a 90 minute TWIG video podcast :)

anon(4738177)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks

Good words to hear, Phil. I've been debating with myself and friends between the Evo 3D and the NS since they were announced-- wanting the Evo for the higher resolution + raw power, and the NS for the lovely screen + size/weight/battery life + vanilla OS.

I think I've been swayed toward the NS camp-- considering the fact that I don't spend a ton of time gaming on my phones, I expect the NS to have enough power to keep up with me for 2 years (unlike my Palm Pre, RIP).

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
No truer words have been spoken, stubbs. My Palm Pre will RIP with yours once this phone comes out. It's been a good run but it's time for some fun and plenty of it.

nimin

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
How do you feel about the lack of an SD card slot? It is the one thing the Nexus S did wrong in my opinion.

Why does everyone complain about the SD card slot, the thing has ~16GB of internal storage, so other than that and maybe easy transferring to a computer, friend, or another phone, what reasons are there?

goitsme48

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Exactly... I have 16gb on my SD card (Optimus) and I have never taken out the card. I have many apps, songs, videos and have not gone over 7gb yet.... Primarily this is a phone and not a mp3 player, gaming device or other gadget that needs more gb.
I am sure there is a reason for some folks to have a external sd slot... appreciate if someone can chime in the "real" benefits of having external slot as compared to 16 gb internal slot (I understand if internal were smaller, external slot makes all the difference).

Thanks!!

Why does everyone complain about the SD card slot, the thing has ~16GB of internal storage, so other than that and maybe easy transferring to a computer, friend, or another phone, what reasons are there?

turbofan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I end up switching phones for various reasons, usually cuz I break them a lot, and having an external sd card means NOT having to save all my pictures or re-transfer music after a reset. Not a huge deal, but it is a benefit.

I had no idea these little nexus phones were so fast. Maybe ill have to consider one after all...

smknutson

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I am used to no SD so it doesn't bother me. I don't need 16gb... I can do with 4-6. Question- my wife has an Intercept and it seems like it gets bogged down a lot. What is the response like with the Hummingbird?

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
question about the first app you have linked there, is that with the screen off or is this like still torn on the screen but a custom lock screen?

with an amoled screen, there isnt a backlight like with lcd so the whole screen doesnt have to come on, just the specific pixels being lit up. If you used that app on a phone with an lcd screen, then essentially then the whole screen would be on.

Reactions: drewsonian

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03