Buy at Best Buy or Sprint Store?

49funky

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What are the pros and cons of buying this phone at Sprint or Best Buy.

In San Francisco, the employees seem equally clueless at both places. I have already pre-ordered at Best Buy.

blu8503

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
What are the pros and cons of buying this phone at Sprint or Best Buy.

In San Francisco, the employees seem equally clueless at both places. I have already pre-ordered at Best Buy.
I've heard Best Buy sometimes you can get your phone a little early, my local Sprint store wouldn't take my money so i went to Best Buy

IXDoubleDXI

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I've got enough RZ points at Best Buy, so the phone will only cost me the $50 i had to put down for the deposit, since i couldn't use RZ points to buy the Gift Card for the whole preorder deal.

va2azerik

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I've heard Best Buy sometimes you can get your phone a little early, my local Sprint store wouldn't take my money so i went to Best Buy

The same thing happened to me, I went to the Sprint store and they had no clue and wouldn't take my money:-$. So I drove to Best Buy and reserved one. The guy at Best Buy knew all about the Nexus S and was very helpful too:eek:

49funky

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I had read in some forum that there are differences with insurance and support. Someone said I can't take my phone to Sprint for assistance if I buy it there...

I don't know if that is good or bad, seems like both places hire people who don't know anything about anything and you have to wait in line for 20 minutes for someone to tell you that your device isn't supported.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've bought all my phones at BestBuy (except my wife's new BB 9670) so I didn't have to deal with the mail in rebates. I didn't go with the BB insurance, but carried the sprint TEP plan. I've never had a problem walking into the sprint store for assistance with it. I think the sprint store support issue is more the having, or not having, the TEP plan through sprint.

blu8503

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've bought all my phones at BestBuy (except my wife's new BB 9670) so I didn't have to deal with the mail in rebates. I didn't go with the BB insurance, but carried the sprint TEP plan. I've never had a problem walking into the sprint store for assistance with it. I think the sprint store support issue is more the having, or not having, the TEP plan through sprint.
absolutely every time i have gone into a Sprint store for support whether I got the phone there or not, they just wanted to know if I had the insurance they offer.

steraser

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think that the return policy differs. My understanding is that BB has a 14 day return policy and the Sprint return policy is 30 days. This may be important for any one who is unsure if this is the phone that they want.

craigwann

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I think that the return policy differs. My understanding is that BB has a 14 day return policy and the Sprint return policy is 30 days. This may be important for any one who is unsure if this is the phone that they want.

BB has a 30 return policy as well.

eddieras

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
i read on another thread (but i can't find it!) that BB had better insurance - no deductible. i'm going to stop in tomorrow and see what they offer. Sprint TEP is $100 ded i believe. anyone have experience with BB insurance?

blu8503

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Both have 30 and Best Buy doesn't charge a restocking fee like local Sprint stores

blu8503

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
i read on another thread (but i can't find it!) that BB had better insurance - no deductible. i'm going to stop in tomorrow and see what they offer. Sprint TEP is $100 ded i believe. anyone have experience with BB insurance?
no experience but I know the only thing I didn't like about the insurance from BB is that you have to pay for it up front, I want it taken out monthly on my bill prob some good info here: Special delivery at BestBuy.com

steraser

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
BB has a 30 return policy as well.

Thanks for the clarification. I had been looking at tablets and digital cameras (both of which only have 14 day return policies) there last weekend and assumed that phones fit in to the same category. It's nice to know that phones can be returned for 30 days.

the727kid

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
You pay $9 a month for the best buy insurance. Covers everything but lost or stolen with no deductible. And you can get as many replacement phones as you need and they lend you a donor phone. Is there any question which one to go with? lol

blu8503

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
You pay $9 a month for the best buy insurance. Covers everything but lost or stolen with no deductible. And you can get as many replacement phones as you need and they lend you a donor phone. Is there any question which one to go with? lol
They can bill you monthly? or did you just do the math

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have BB insurance on my Palm Pre. I guess it would have been worth it if they continued to make the Pre but they don't even carry it there anymore. I guess I was one of the lucky ones. My phone has never given me any trouble. I did find out after having the BB insurance for almost 2 years was that we were eligible to receive a free replacement battery each year. I ordered a replacement battery from the Geek Squad and the battery they sent me did not work in my phone. After calling numerous times and 3 months later I finally got a battery that worked. I would not get the BB ins. again. I will go with Sprint this time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463