Defective Nexus S 4G

orange-man

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I picked mine up this morning and my Home, Search, Menu, and Back buttons don't light up. I tried a factory reset and still nothing. Now my store is sold out and the nearby stores won't release until Sunday.

Has anyone else seen this? I was so excited to get one 2 days early that it took about an hour before I noticed.

blu8503

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I picked mine up this morning and my Home, Search, Menu, and Back buttons don't light up. I tried a factory reset and still nothing. Now my store is sold out and the nearby stores won't release until Sunday.

Has anyone else seen this? I was so excited to get one 2 days early that it took about an hour before I noticed.
Dude that sux

orange-man

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Actually I need to correct myself. It didn't look lit up outdoors but now that I am inside, I see that it is very dimly lit. Nothing like the Epic 4G. I thought what I was looking at was the thin silver lines like on the Evo. Now I realize that it is barely lit and doesn't increase in brightness as the screen brightness increases. This is a bit of a disappointment, but it is useable for sure.

Reactions: gtpimp97

gtpimp97

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
im thanking you because the same thing happened to me and im glad to know im not the only one that was caught off guard by this. going to have to get used to the new button layout too.

orange-man

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I can't imagine why they are intentionally dim like this. Every other Android phone has them at least a little brighter, and usually a lot brighter.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yep, these are much more responsive. Not even a fair comparison. You'll see what I mean when you play with one.

O thank god. That was one thing i was worried about. The one they had in bb was busted. Zip ties together. I couldnt even hit the back button. Had to hit it 4 times. Lol. That being an old t mobile one. Wish i was getting it tomorrow. Gotra wait till monday.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Bringing back the thread.

Official take on the buttons.

I love them. They are 100x more responsive than the epic. I'm not pressing them 3 times to get it going.

The brightness. Well it doesn't bother me. 1. I press from memory in the first place. 2. They don't light up enough in sunlight but you can see them slightly when they are off in direct sunlight. And I always hated reading in low light because of them blinding me on the epic. They are perfect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze