Welcome to the Nexus S 4G! Please introduce yourselves here.

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Chad from MN. Came from evo and adjusting to this nexus. Love the size but feel as if I am gonna break it compared to the brick of an evo haha. After a few tweaks to the keyboard with the help of KSmithinNY I doubled my love for this device haha. I couldn't stand the gingerbread keyboard.

nimin

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Pat from MI (WHAAADD UP MIKE) who also is just a fanboy user. Not a super modder or anything special, maybe a bit of an artist. Switched from a G1 which I consider a very special phone because it was the first Android powered device (except now I have it stuck at the activation screen without a data plan - factory reset to v1.0). I almost got my Nexus early on Friday but had to wait till Monday, however I was able to swag some swag (deck of cards, stickers and fancy pop out detail card, free car charger, $4 insurance). I'm still a bit sad this phone is already 5 months outdated and I wanted to get it back when it came out in December but decided not too, which is good because I don't like T-Mobile around here. Anywho, LOVE IT (not used to typing on the screen).

IMG_20110509_181527.jpg

misfit0313

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Jeremy from Merrill, Wisconsin here. Wish this was my phone, got it for my girlfriend who couldn't stand her Hero anymore(she said CM7 is too slow). Our household is running on Android. I've got the Evo running Miui, there's the NS4G with Net's kernel, a LG Optimus S with Reborn, the Hero with CM7, and finally a Nook Color with CM7.

bellesorrisa

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Howdy-do, I'm Mandy from VA - well I live in MD now but just temporarily until I find a better housing situation. Anyhoo - I just went from a Blackberry Tour to Nexus S 4G. Wow, its definitely a HUGE change since this is my first touchscreen device and after 3 days, I'm still getting used to the keyboard. I'm loving the new apps - especially Vignette. I look forward to keeping up with this forum so I'm kept up to date with new information - good and bad.

BiffTirkle

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
hey all,
i currently own the evo shift 4g, and im running cm7. i love the stock gingerbread rom, but im hating the hiccups that come with loading a custom rom. im thinking about picking up a nexus s 4g. what the consensus? is it worth the change, or should i stick it out with the evo shift?

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
The name is Quis...my Android life started with the Hero...then the Epic...then the EVO....then the EVO Shift...and now I'm rockin with the Nexus.

I have a good feeling this will be my favorite of them all. I enjoy messing with my phones and making them ME which is why I'm an Android nerd.

My OS experience varies...I've owned the Blackberry Bold and Tour...I've also owned the Palm Pixi and Pre. Android is what I prefer over them all.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
hey all,
i currently own the evo shift 4g, and im running cm7. i love the stock gingerbread rom, but im hating the hiccups that come with loading a custom rom. im thinking about picking up a nexus s 4g. what the consensus? is it worth the change, or should i stick it out with the evo shift?

Go Nexus...

I too was running CM7 on the Shift and the Nexus offers such a smoother experience overall. You wont be disappointed.

cq

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I came from an OG Droid on Verizon and left specifically because they did not have a Nexus or any other vanilla Android devices. I am quite happy with the Nexus. It is far from perfect, but having stock Android and knowing that I will get the latest updates makes me very happy.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

link954

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Whats going people My name is Larry i go by Gummyroids (kids dont like needles) Im from the central coast CA, I picked up the Nexus the day of the release, and I enjoy using the android platform. I am an avid Mac user, and I am new to these forums.

debh945

May 15, 2010
www.scrappincop.com
Just ordered mine online and am coming from the LG Optimus S, where I tried every ROM that KSmithinNY developed and can't wait to see what he comes up with for the NS4G! Before the Optimus I used the Hero with CM6. I'm a wife, mom of three, and have worked for the same PD in Central IL for 20 years now.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Just ordered mine online and am coming from the LG Optimus S, where I tried every ROM that KSmithinNY developed and can't wait to see what he comes up with for the NS4G! Before the Optimus I used the Hero with CM6. I'm a wife, mom of three, and have worked for the same PD in Central IL for 20 years now.

Hey now theres a familiar face :p welcome to the party! You're going to love this phone.

Reactions: debh945

Nookster1972

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Bobby from OKC here. This is my second Android coming from a HTC Hero. It was overclocked, custom rom etc but still 2 yrs old and slow. The NS4G rocks. We are an Android house with the NS4G, an Epic and a Rooted Nook Color. Came from Blackberry and never looked back!

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey now theres a familiar face :p welcome to the party! You're going to love this phone.

My name is Dave...I am also coming from the Optimus and have asked KSmith about a hundred questions. I was glad to find a familiar dev on this site...he's done great stuff in the past and is always willing to help out.

I have only been messing with phones for about a year and a half. Started with the Hero, then the Optimus, now the Nexus S. I was waiting for Sprint to put out something that didn't suck so I finally bit. I have already rooted my Nexus and look forward to what everyone contributes on this site as well as any others. Don't hate if I ask a lot of questions. :)

cretz42#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Switching from BlackBerry some time next week after years with RIM. I had a Palm Pre, which was short lived. Really excited to dive into the growing Android world.

HuskerTom

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine last night.....coming from a BlackBerry Bold and the difference is quite amazing. So far just playing around and seeing what kind of battery life I can get out if it.

d14racer24

May 12, 2011
Visit site
New to the forum and new to Android. Finally ditched the Blackberry this past Sunday for the Nexus. I don't think I'll be looking back.

d14racer24

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine last night.....coming from a BlackBerry Bold and the difference is quite amazing. So far just playing around and seeing what kind of battery life I can get out if it.

Just ditched my Bold too (kept freezing and rebooting on its own). I agree the difference is quite amazing. My only thing coming from Blackberry to this is not knowing whether things are closed or not when I think I've closed them since a lot of the applications don't have any type of exit option in the menu. Debating whether or not to install a task killer since Android is supposed to manage apps on it's own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34