Welcome to the Nexus S 4G! Please introduce yourselves here.

ranger635

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Finally Dumping Blackberry

Eric from IL....I just ordered mine and can't wait....I don't know why it took me so long, but I've finally given up on RIM! Looking forward to the phone arriving on Monday.

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey, everyone!!!!
Just made the move from my Palm Pre. . . I don't miss it at all!!!
Glad to get that off my chest! This Nexus S is pretty cool!!!

WaitTillNextYear

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Just got the Nexus S for my wife, poor thing had the original Palm Pre for over 2 years. This is our first Android phone (I'm waiting on the EVO 3D) and so far it's great. Looking forward to the tips and discussions on the board!

RecalcitrantRon

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered my S. I am coming from a Palm Pre. I really like webOS, but the hardware is simply poor. even overclocked it is laggy and slow. Battery life is pathetic and the ecosystem lacks developer support in terms of apps and with no new dates for a Sprint Pre3, I decided to try out Android. I tried one out in the Sprint store, but it is hard to tell until the phone is synced up and running. Hopefully I will not be disappointed. I am particularly interesting in how it will manage my gmail calendar for home and my exchange calendar for work. webOS was particularly good at this.

rickthrust

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered my S. I am coming from a Palm Pre. I really like webOS, but the hardware is simply poor. even overclocked it is laggy and slow. Battery life is pathetic and the ecosystem lacks developer support in terms of apps and with no new dates for a Sprint Pre3, I decided to try out Android. I tried one out in the Sprint store, but it is hard to tell until the phone is synced up and running. Hopefully I will not be disappointed. I am particularly interesting in how it will manage my gmail calendar for home and my exchange calendar for work. webOS was particularly good at this.

webOS was an amazing idea. the lack of follow up by Palm is akin to Sony and Betamax. there are some things the Pre was amazing at, unfortunately, it didnt do simple things well. Android is catching up (imho) but it does it so much better. and the NexusS4G is a flat out rocket compared to anything else out there

Deacon#AC

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Not certain where to start,
My current phone is a company supplied Motorola Razor.
No Internet, no apps, nothing, nadda, zip, zilch.

My wife is currently using my old Palm 755P but she's ready for an upgrade.
So as a birthday present my wife told me that I could to get myself a phone that I wanted.
I had every intention of getting an Evo. Ended up ordering a Nexus S 4g.(Just couldn't resist).
Per UPS, it should be at my house when I get home.

I'm going to start looking thru the various posts here, But I'm curious if there's anything I should know upfront. All advice is welcome.
This is my first Android phone.

oldrtyfrog

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
First time Android user. Coming from a Palm Pre. Love the phone so far, just have a few issues I'm trying to work out. Love this forum!

ftrengineer

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello All. This is my first Android Device and I'm coming from a Palm Pre. I'm loving the Nexus S 4G. Now if we can get those signaling issues fixed...

bfnaught

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I am also coming from a palm pre. Got it on launch day 2 years ago. It seems like there are a lot of former pre owners switching to the NS4G. I am really loving it. I do miss the gestures, but that is about it. The available apps are great, and the screen is just sick. In both color, resolution and responsiveness. Absolutely loving it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

corndog22cl

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I switched from AT&T to Sprint because my iPhone 4 kept dropping calls. I figured that the Nexus S 4G was a proven phone (from T-mo) so I jumped ship and bought it. Now I'm plagued with all the crappy radio issues that everyone is talking about. I just can't win. Maybe it's time for a dumb phone.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I switched from AT&T to Sprint because my iPhone 4 kept dropping calls. I figured that the Nexus S 4G was a proven phone (from T-mo) so I jumped ship and bought it. Now I'm plagued with all the crappy radio issues that everyone is talking about. I just can't win. Maybe it's time for a dumb phone.

lol i feel your pain but don't worry, this will get resolved soon enough and then we'll be basking in the glory! The N series of phones is a developer series so while we get the latest and greatest stuff, that goes hand in hand with us being testers of sorts and having the bugs. By the time other manufacturers push updates out to non-N series phones, the bugs have been worked out and we're all on something even newer and better with newer bugs :p

It's a vicious circle but one that's well worth it for me because I'm sick of waiting 12 months just to get old software updates.

Oh and ... welcome to the Android family! :D

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I got my wife the Nexus S after convincing her to give up her Hero. She'd been complaining about how slow it was and I'd been trying to talk her into the Evo, like I have. When we got to the Sprint store yesterday, the salesguy showed her the Nexus and it was all over. The form factor, the light weight and the display along with how fast it is convinced her to get it. She loves it.

I'm somewhat concerned about the reported data connection speeds and will be on this forum looking for answers. I told my wife what I"d heard, but she wasn't too concerned. We'll see what happens.

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Orangevale, CA here and lovin' my ns4g. Just got it 24hrs ago and haven't slept a whole lot but I was also on call all night. Came from a razr to the moment for my first android experience. Then I went epic but all the while I've been drooling over the nexus line so when it was announced that sprint was getting one my fate was sealed ;-)

Its only a matter of time until I root this sucker and unlock its true potential....

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
lol i feel your pain but don't worry, this will get resolved soon enough and then we'll be basking in the glory! The N series of phones is a developer series so while we get the latest and greatest stuff, that goes hand in hand with us being testers of sorts and having the bugs. By the time other manufacturers push updates out to non-N series phones, the bugs have been worked out and we're all on something even newer and better with newer bugs :p

It's a vicious circle but one that's well worth it for me because I'm sick of waiting 12 months just to get old software updates.

Oh and ... welcome to the Android family! :D

when google has an update ready... can you refuse to update and wait till after everyone else tests it all out? heh

speed4evr

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Im Jared ak Perry and enjoy pretty much anything technology related. Im addicted to buying new phones and waiting for the upgrade periods. I been with Sprint for about 8 yrs. I was in love with my Evo 4G for day 1 til I sold it, but my Nexus 4G is amazing, simple and pure Google (timely updates, no bloatware).

samboy

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Howdy

Coming from a Touch Pro 2 and every Treo in the book (with the exception of the Pre) all I can say is wow. Nexus S and Android, where have you been all my life?