Im thinking hard about getting the nexus s 4g.I have a Samsung Epic 4G and Im still within my 30day period.My question is does the Nexus 4g have Gorilla glass?
    05-07-2011 07:43 PM
    In short, no. None of the NS builds (GSM America, GSM EU, cdma American) have corning gorilla glass.
    05-07-2011 07:54 PM
    I know it doesn't have G glass, but how durable is the screen? I hate both the feeling and the look of a screen protector...can I get away without using one? I understand no screen is going to be scratch proof, but as long as I don't put the phone in the same pocket as my keys will I be okay? How much abuse can the screen take?

Also, getting my Nexus @ 11 AM tomorrow when my store opens....can't wait!!!! Coming from a Pre minus. Loved PreCentral community but am finding AC to be just as awesome.
    05-07-2011 10:25 PM
    I know it doesn't have G glass, but how durable is the screen? I hate both the feeling and the look of a screen protector...can I get away without using one? I understand no screen is going to be scratch proof, but as long as I don't put the phone in the same pocket as my keys will I be okay? How much abuse can the screen take?

Also, getting my Nexus @ 11 AM tomorrow when my store opens....can't wait!!!! Coming from a Pre minus. Loved PreCentral community but am finding AC to be just as awesome.
    I know @gbhil , Jerry, goes naked...we i can only vouch for the screen that is and he has no scratches and the NS has been him primary device for months now he said he isnt concerned about the glass.

That was mentioned in his "fanboy thread"
    05-07-2011 10:47 PM
    What is the reason for no gorilla? Is it compareable? I dont want to sit in it and get glass up my what.
    05-07-2011 10:58 PM
    What is the reason for no gorilla? Is it compareable? I dont want to sit in it and get glass up my what.
    They haven't come out and said it(I don't think), but I believe there is speculation that there is no gorilla glass because of the contour display. That's the only reasoning that i've heard so far.

Glass is pretty durable to begin with, so I'm sure you'd be fine. I had my evo for a year and had no problems. When I bought the Nexus S last night I had them put an invisible shield on it, remember if you're worried about scratches that's an option. Plus, Jerry said he doesn't use anything on his, and it's doing well, so I think that says a lot too.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    05-08-2011 06:49 AM
    I would still recommend to get the Zagg invisible shield on it, I came from the Evo and while the Evo has gorilla glass the NS4G doesnt. you can get it for like $8 on Amazon.
    05-09-2011 11:41 AM
    I would still recommend to get the Zagg invisible shield on it, I came from the Evo and while the Evo has gorilla glass the NS4G doesnt. you can get it for like $8 on Amazon.
    I don't think the EVO has gorilla glass.
    05-09-2011 11:51 AM
    I don't think the EVO has gorilla glass.
    It does according the cornings site:

CORNING® GORILLA® GLASS | FEATURED PRODUCTS
    05-09-2011 12:00 PM

Since when? I used to have an evo and it was always said it wasn't, or at least I thought. That's interesting to know.

05-09-2011 12:12 PM

If you search "EVO 4G gorilla glass", there's been a lot of debate on whether even the Corning website is correct for the EVO. I'm not sure how people are debating that it doesn't if it's on their site, but just sharing what I've read in the past.
    05-09-2011 12:15 PM
    They haven't come out and said it(I don't think), but I believe there is speculation that there is no gorilla glass because of the contour display. That's the only reasoning that i've heard so far.

Glass is pretty durable to begin with, so I'm sure you'd be fine. I had my evo for a year and had no problems. When I bought the Nexus S last night I had them put an invisible shield on it, remember if you're worried about scratches that's an option. Plus, Jerry said he doesn't use anything on his, and it's doing well, so I think that says a lot too.

Makes sense. As long as it's glass though. I don't really think I need gorilla glass. Plus all those people that sat on their epics. It had gorilla glass but the AMOLED wasn't and it cracked on the inside anyways, lol.
    05-09-2011 12:17 PM
    I think the biggest appeal of gorilla glass wasn't so much that it reduced breakage as much as it was resistive to scratches.
    05-09-2011 12:27 PM
    Today I picked up my nexus 4g and the sprint person said it did have gorilla glass
    05-09-2011 05:20 PM
    Today I picked up my nexus 4g and the sprint person said it did have gorilla glass
    Unless they have changed it for the NS4G the person at Sprint was wrong:

Warning: Nexus S Not Gorilla Glass, Don’t be “That Guy”
    05-09-2011 05:30 PM
    I don't think it does but sure hope so. I have one coming. Don't believe sale reps, most will tell you anything.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    05-09-2011 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD