[MOD] HTC_IME (keyboard)

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Got my Nexus S last night and so far it is ok. Coming from the evo it has some differences. I do not like the gingerbread keyboard. I liked the old one and also how I could calibrate it to my style. It was so much faster and accurate to type than on this one. Anyway to get that one installed on the Nexus?
Thanks!

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Got my Nexus S last night and so far it is ok. Coming from the evo it has some differences. I do not like the gingerbread keyboard. I liked the old one and also how I could calibrate it to my style. It was so much faster and accurate to type than on this one. Anyway to get that one installed on the Nexus?
Thanks!

Are you confusing Froyo keyboard with HTC IME? HTC phones (you said you had the EVO) have their own keyboard and don't use android keyboards. I'll see what i can do.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
DOWNLOAD THIS - Credit to Jonasl

Instructions:
  • Download and unzip (not flashable update.zip!)
  • Install the two apks (HTC_IME & Clicker) using your favorite method (via a file manager or adb install -r).
  • There is no need to push anything to /system
  • Go to Menu, Settings, Language & Keyboard. Activate "HTC_IME mod"
  • To change keyboard, long press on lower left key on stock keyboard or any input field. Select input method in the menu.

Reactions: QuasarZ

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I got them installed, but when I long press to select input method all that shows up is android keyboard. The new one isnt there.
EDIT: Disregard, I missed the step to activate in menu. Stupid me! haha

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
One more question...pretty trivial but something I used a lot. On the calibration tool page it is the exact keyboard I was looking for with the minimize keyboard button. The keyboard that shows up to text has this button replaced with a smiley face. Is there a way to get the minimize button? Appreciate the help!

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Ksmith - is there a tool to calibrate gingerbread keyboard? or maybe I should just install the HTC mod one. It worked pretty good on my LG

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams