07-04-2013 01:44 AM
534 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    All my Speedtest results also said rev A when my nexus s 4g indicated a 4g connection.
    06-02-2011 02:28 PM
    Yeah I don't know why it didn't show if I had a 4G connection. Maybe it wasn't a stable connection?
    06-02-2011 02:32 PM
    I haven't seen my phone say 4G once since I got it last week. It's a pretty awesome phone, but if we've got to pay an extra $10 for the 4G part, that's pretty lame. Still love the phone but dang...hope they fix it!

Rob
    06-02-2011 02:41 PM
    I haven't seen my phone say 4G once since I got it last week. It's a pretty awesome phone, but if we've got to pay an extra $10 for the 4G part, that's pretty lame. Still love the phone but dang...hope they fix it!

You aren't paying extra for 4G, you are paying extra for having a smartphone, which uses more data than feature phones.
    06-02-2011 02:46 PM
    All my Speedtest results also said rev A when my nexus s 4g indicated a 4g connection.

Mine too. Looks like the app doesn't differentiate between the two.
    06-02-2011 02:49 PM
    You aren't paying extra for 4G, you are paying extra for having a smartphone, which uses more data than feature phones.
    it was pretty clear it was initially a 4G tax, that was just their spin. then sprint realized there's no way they can sustain their pricing model and it was a way to increase their pricing, while still advertising the lower price.
    06-02-2011 07:07 PM
    it was pretty clear it was initially a 4G tax, that was just their spin. then sprint realized there's no way they can sustain their pricing model and it was a way to increase their pricing, while still advertising the lower price.
    Well yes having to pay $10 more for a phone sucks but compared to everyone else it's still cheaper for what you get.
    06-02-2011 07:20 PM
    I already did that. This is their response.
    Thank you for your inquiry and we are very sorry for the inconvenience. Most issues may be resolved with minimal troubleshooting. Once troubleshooting has been done to the point of actual failure, we can setup a repair on the product, should it be determined the problem cannot be resolved over the phone. We can repair the phone, if it is still under warranty and has not been physically damaged.

If it is deemed, after troubleshooting, that the handset requires service/repair, our Repair Administrators will create a Return Material Authorization (RMA#) for the device. Provided there is no physical damage to the phone and the failure is not due to any type of liquid damage, the phone will be repaired under warranty.

For troubleshooting and questions related to possible repairs we invite you to contact Samsung Customer Care at your earliest convenience through our toll free number 1-888-987-HELP (1-888-987-4357).

A Customer Service Representative will be able to assist you between the hours 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday, and 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Saturday, Central Standard Time. The defective product will need to be sent to our repair center and a Proof of Purchase is required. The Repair Administrator will assign an RMA # for the repair that will need to be written under our address on the outside of the package being sent. The phone will be tested and inspected for quality assurance while in our facilities. This will ensure the fact that your phone will be completely functional with all necessary repairs performed when the handset is shipped from our facilities.

Our repair facility will have the phone roughly 5-10 days from the time that it is received. Some dealer locations may offer a loaner phone program while your handset is in repair. While Samsung cannot control the availability of these products or programs in your area, please contact your local provider or dealer if you are in need of a phone, to find out if they are a participating member of this program. If you have any questions regarding this process, please ask the Service Representative at the time of your call.

Additionally, if your device is in warranty or you have insurance through your service provider, some providers do offer a replacement policy on phones which need servicing. In some cases, they may send out a replacement phone and the defective phone is sent back to them in return. For more details on a possible exchange, please contact your Service Provider.

Thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.
    You got the same email I did it looks like haha. I like how they basically blame the issue on us damaging the phone, so I'm assuming its just a generic response and no one really read the email we sent in.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    06-02-2011 09:34 PM
    To the dude who was saying the Speedtest.net app is flawed - YES. I have been preaching this for so long, but nobody seemed to ever listen. It is complete **** and gives the most erroneous results that are nearly laughable. It should not be any measuring stick - ever.

I exchanged my NS4G with Sprint a week ago. I did the whole tech support thing for "signal issues" and told them I demand an exchange with a new device (still within 30 days) because the current one had the dire signal issues. I was experiencing huge data interference like that dude earlier - but I was more trying to make a point and make them exchange the device, so that it goes on record that I was not happy with the signal / data speeds / reception. I did notice marginally better battery life with the new device, with the exact same applications installed. Odd. And the phone doesn't get as physically hot as the old one.

All in all, this will be fixed. We just have to wait. The Engadget post was ridiculous. I think the writer wrote his post as his debut with Engadget. The other helper, Myriam Joire, is this bizarre girl hybrid from San Francisco that has a well known bias against Sprint and Sprint 4G (WiMAX). She has sworn allegiance to T-Mobile and that is well documented. So, half that article is crap. In fact, most of it is really just them trying to put together an lengthy article.

But, like I said, it'll be fixed. Just hang in there guys.
    ho0lee0h likes this.
    06-03-2011 03:20 AM
    But, like I said, it'll be fixed. Just hang in there guys.
    heh, a lot of us a Pre- owners...we hear that, cringe, and become very very skeptical =P
    kerred likes this.
    06-03-2011 07:42 AM
    heh, a lot of us a Pre- owners...we hear that, cringe, and become very very skeptical =P
    I'm one of those skeptical pre minus owners and this phone is going back...really wish it didn't have to end this way

kerred likes this.
    06-03-2011 08:05 AM
    I'm one of those skeptical pre minus owners and this phone is going back...really wish it didn't have to end this way

Ditto.... same here....

And it looks like I'm going to have to go back to the Pre- for a few weeks to be able to snag an EVO 3D... Since my 30 days is up on the 19/th or 20th
    kerred likes this.
    06-03-2011 10:15 AM
    I'm with you other Pre Minus Users. It has to go back and I will play the waiting game again. :/
    06-03-2011 11:44 AM
    it's sad, my brother just got his nexus s. initially, it seems identical to the pre- in connectivity. we had a blip w/ wireless at first, but I think he typed in the password wrong (it never let us know, disconnected right away).

4G is pretty useless to me, so I'm not concerned with that. But we'll see. I want to go ahead and order one because I'm backtracking from waiting for an EVO 3D, heh.
    06-03-2011 01:28 PM
    Coming from the Evo 4G the Nexus S 4G has serious radio issues. Its not unusable but it seems to be twice as slow compared to the Evo on both 3G and 4G when stationary. While moving data is almost not there for something like Google maps and a speedtest showed around 15k (going around 30mph). I don't know if they under juiced the radio for better battery life or just have some buggy radio code, either way there's need to a replacement hardware model or a software update to address this.

Does anyone know of a way go contact Sprint in a way they would notice?
    06-04-2011 03:28 PM
    [QUOTE=

Does anyone know of a way go contact Sprint in a way they would notice?[/QUOTE]

The only thing I can think of is for everyone to return there phones. If that happened they would do something fast. Once Samsung launches the galaxy s2 I dont think they will care to much about the nexus s and I don't think sprint is to concerned about it with the EVO 3D comming out in a few weeks. This phones is not going to have a long life in the spotlight.
    06-04-2011 08:50 PM
    I'm here on a visit to family in ohio and my signal is awesome. There is no 4G service here but I am getting consistent 3 or 4 bars and good 3G speed. I am more and more convinced this has more to do with sprint towers. I may be wrong, but the same phone getting such different results in different areas is a good indicator.
    06-04-2011 09:08 PM
    Well, im at 30 days from purchase as of tommorrow. I'm keeping the phone due to just getting used to it. Dont' wanna go back to my little ole pre. After 2 years its good to have somthing lag free.

However, im suprised this is still a issue with relatively no coming news from the other side about the problem.
    06-04-2011 09:37 PM
    Seriously, I bought the phone two weeks in hoping for an update by now. My thirty days are up in a week or so, I'd like too keep the phone seeing as I have no other option other than to stick with sprint.
    06-05-2011 05:40 AM
    I'm here on a visit to family in ohio and my signal is awesome. There is no 4G service here but I am getting consistent 3 or 4 bars and good 3G speed. I am more and more convinced this has more to do with sprint towers. I may be wrong, but the same phone getting such different results in different areas is a good indicator.
    it cannot be a tower only issue because my new evo has a great signal compared to the nexus i had.
    06-05-2011 07:47 AM
    Well, im at 30 days from purchase as of tommorrow. I'm keeping the phone due to just getting used to it. Dont' wanna go back to my little ole pre. After 2 years its good to have somthing lag free.

However, im suprised this is still a issue with relatively no coming news from the other side about the problem.
    I agree with you. Today, is my 30th day, and I'm keeping the phone. I tried switching back the to my Evo 4G, but I don't like it now. The pure Google experience is exactly what I needed, and the screen and battery life is still better than the Evo's. Kind of hard to believe since roughly 30% of the time I've no signal.

Sprint was also quick to rectify the problem by sending me an airrave. Went to another part of FL this week, and my data and call strength were a lot better, so it makes me wonder what's up.

In any event, I love the openness and the pros outweigh the cons on this phone. One way or another I'm confident Google and Sprint will fix this. I'm very impatient, but I know that this takes time.

06-05-2011 08:10 AM
    The only thing I can think of is for everyone to return there phones. If that happened they would do something fast. Once Samsung launches the galaxy s2 I dont think they will care to much about the nexus s and I don't think sprint is to concerned about it with the EVO 3D comming out in a few weeks. This phones is not going to have a long life in the spotlight.
    I couldnt disagree more. it is a google phone and google supports their phones, this phone will not be forgotten just because something new will come out. Final word doesn't rest in samsung's hands, its google. If google is able to replicate the problem then they will fix it. I am sure of that. People want fix to come out in a few weeks, it wont be that fast I am sure it will take atleast 1-2 months to fully test and pust the update.
    06-05-2011 02:44 PM
    I finally traveled pretty far outside my home area yesterday and man, the GPS is terrible. I had like 2-3 bars of 3G but my GPS would not lock in when trying to use navigation. On the 5th try, it finally did like 8 minutes of searching and the directions were wrong. I traveled cross country with my Evo and the GPS worked excellent, even thru stretches of nothing in the deserts of AZ, NM and TX. Thankfully I dont travel a bunch anymore but this phone really sucks at times.
    06-05-2011 04:44 PM
    I finally traveled pretty far outside my home area yesterday and man, the GPS is terrible. I had like 2-3 bars of 3G but my GPS would not lock in when trying to use navigation. On the 5th try, it finally did like 8 minutes of searching and the directions were wrong. I traveled cross country with my Evo and the GPS worked excellent, even thru stretches of nothing in the deserts of AZ, NM and TX. Thankfully I dont travel a bunch anymore but this phone really sucks at times.
    GPS should work anywhere you go, since your connecting to satellites not the Sprint towers. Just sayin
    06-05-2011 06:04 PM
    I couldnt disagree more. it is a google phone and google supports their phones, this phone will not be forgotten just because something new will come out. Final word doesn't rest in samsung's hands, its google. If google is able to replicate the problem then they will fix it. I am sure of that. People want fix to come out in a few weeks, it wont be that fast I am sure it will take atleast 1-2 months to fully test and pust the update.

If Google were responsible for the hardware and the hardware’s drivers I would tend to agree with you. But the fact is Samsung is responsible for them. Not Google. Google is only responsible for the OS. I have far less faith in Samsung as they are notorious for slow updates and pore customer service.
    I hope that’s not the case this time because this phone has the potential to be a complete success or a complete failure and it’s really up to Samsung.

Buy the way… today is June 5th the phone launched on May 9th. Its pretty much been a month and no one including Google has come forward and given an explanation as to what the problem is or how they plan to fix it. When the EVO had signal issues back 1 year ago the issue was addressed and a fix was released within a few weeks. EVO 4g came out on june 4th The Fix for signal issues came out on June 28th.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sprin...cluded_id12171
    06-05-2011 06:12 PM
534 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD