07-04-2013 01:44 AM
534 1234 ...
tools
    I like it KSmith!

I think i may have been mistaken...i ran the tests again and this is what i've gotten..

EVO TO THE LEFT & NEXUS S 4G TO THE RIGHT
    05-10-2011 10:39 PM
    Screw it... i have the "Sprint Everything Data 450" plan and it says i have roaming...that fixes my data/voice issue with no extra charge!
    05-10-2011 10:46 PM
    umm the evo has been out for a year they have had plenty of time to fix all the bugs.
    05-10-2011 11:04 PM
    Screw it... i have the "Sprint Everything Data 450" plan and it says i have roaming...that fixes my data/voice issue with no extra charge!
    You might want to check the fine print on that "Unlimited roaming" You only get I believe 800 MB a month, and if you go over they may terminate. Unless they changed their policy.
    05-10-2011 11:20 PM
    You might want to check the fine print on that "Unlimited roaming" You only get I believe 800 MB a month, and if you go over they may terminate. Unless they changed their policy.
    [IMG][/IMG]

That doesn't mean it's unlimited ? =[
    05-10-2011 11:29 PM
    [IMG][/IMG]

That doesn't mean it's unlimited ? =[
    I'm just relaying what I read months ago. If it's changed, I'm unsure.

I'm talking to Sprint right now about another issue, I can ask them.
    05-10-2011 11:48 PM
    please do! much would be appreciated!
    05-10-2011 11:52 PM
    I haven't encountered any major issues with wifi or 3G - I have no 4G in my area yet so don't know about that. My Nexus wifi is actually better than the Evo's -always had poor reception on that phone. Call quality is fair.
    05-11-2011 12:04 AM
    please do! much would be appreciated!
    1:05:26 AM : Sam K.: Is there anything else I may assist you with?

1:05:52 AM : HOCKMAN: In my account it says that I have unlimited data roaming. It this really unlimited, or is there some kind of usage limit?

1:07:56 AM : Sam K.: Your plan include Unlimited Mobile to Mobile, nationwide long distance and no roaming charges

1:08:35 AM : HOCKMAN: So, lets go a bit further. If I go on vacation in a roaming area, and dump about 1 GB of roaming data, I won't pay a cent more?

1:10:21 AM : Sam K.: You can download only 300 kb limitation if you use the data in roaming.

1:10:41 AM : Sam K.: And if you cross your limit then you will be charged for the data.

There you go. I was wrong, but it's not unlimited.
    05-11-2011 12:11 AM
    I dont believe roaming data has ever been unlimited, in fact, i always chuckle when i see people debating it. It's one of those things that a friend of a friend of a friend told people now it's 100% fact! Lol in reality, The sprint contract clearly says:

Off-network Roaming: The primary use of your Device must be for domestic purposes within the Sprint-owned network. Domestic means use in the 50 United States and U.S. Territories (except Guam). Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes.
    05-11-2011 12:16 AM
    Just contact them, say you have low service reception at your billing address and you've heard about them giving out free AirRaves, and then take the thing with you where ever there's a broadband connection.
    05-11-2011 12:19 AM
    Trun i appreciate it!! Clears up a lot, thanks!
    05-11-2011 12:24 AM
    Hmm. Just noticed a wifi symbol go away and come back. Interesting sure it's just a bug with the system.

If an epic os can cripple GPS I'm sure its just a minor service update that will fix this. When I had the epic we had terrible data rates and.m they fixed it that week. And that was Samsung.

As far as my speeds they are what always have seen here.
    05-11-2011 12:31 AM
    Like I just stated on the Sprint community forum, I switched from T-Mobile to Sprint yesterday for the Nexus S 4G. My coverage map states that I won't get 4G at my home, but I should be getting Full 3G service. Well I'm not. I haven't received a 3G connection once, just 1x connection. The W-Fi is also very spotty with some of my text messages failing to send. That never happened with my T-Mobile service! I really love this phone, but will be forced to cancel if it is not improved during the grace period.
    05-11-2011 12:35 AM
    Like I just stated on the Sprint community forum, I switched from T-Mobile to Sprint yesterday for the Nexus S 4G. My coverage map states that I won't get 4G at my home, but I should be getting Full 3G service. Well I'm not. I haven't received a 3G connection once, just 1x connection. The W-Fi is also very spotty with some of my text messages failing to send. That never happened with my T-Mobile service! I really love this phone, but will be forced to cancel if it is not improved during the grace period.
    I had 1xrtt till I updated profile. Try that.
    05-11-2011 12:40 AM
    I had 1xrtt till I updated profile. Try that.
    Updated profile, PRL, and did a battery pull. Same deal.
    05-11-2011 12:45 AM
    My 3G radio has seemed to work well but my 4G and WiFi radios suck, also my compass seems to be off by like 15 degrees. Anyone else have compass issues? I really want to be happy with this phone but I know I've gotta keep it for at least a year and the radios make me nervous.
    05-11-2011 04:51 AM
    I have no problems with 3G, 4G, or WiFi here in Maryland. I purchased my phone from a Sprint store. Thsoe of you having problems, are you in the same geographic area of the country (midwest, northeast, etc).? Also, where did you get your phones? Am wondering if the problem is geographic or a specific batch of phones sent to an area/store.

Also, I have a Netgear 3700 v2 router which recently (last 4 weeks) received a firmware upgrade that was supposed to help IMPROVE communication between this router and mobile phones/tablets/etc. Have you guys checked to see if your routers have the latest firmware?
    05-11-2011 06:13 AM
    I like it KSmith!

I think i may have been mistaken...i ran the tests again and this is what i've gotten..

EVO TO THE LEFT & NEXUS S 4G TO THE RIGHT

I'm pretty sure that wasn't on any cell network. 12 ms ping? Looks like you ran the test over WiFi.
    05-11-2011 09:35 AM
    I'm pretty sure that wasn't on any cell network. 12 ms ping? Looks like you ran the test over WiFi.
    Yeah, both phones have the WiFi icon on the top right, the Nexus also says "Hosted by Optimum Online"

Edit: Sorry, forgot that was designating that the Speedtest.net server was hosted by Optimum Online.
    05-11-2011 09:39 AM
    Will this tweak work with our Nexus S?I'm going to receive my Nexus S this Friday,can anyone try?this tweaks worked great on my EVO Shift.

[GUIDE] Noobs Guide to a Better 4G signal/speed for your Shift - xda-developers
    05-11-2011 09:55 AM
    Ya I did those tests over wifi to show the wifi radios too

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    05-11-2011 10:17 AM
    Will this tweak work with our Nexus S?I'm going to receive my Nexus S this Friday,can anyone try?this tweaks worked great on my EVO Shift.

[GUIDE] Noobs Guide to a Better 4G signal/speed for your Shift - xda-developers
    No, as ##3282# doesn't work on the Nexus.
    05-11-2011 10:51 AM
    Ya I did those tests over wifi to show the wifi radios too

Are you in a 4G area? What type of results do you get with 4G between the EVO and Nexus?
    05-11-2011 10:52 AM
    One thing that's sort of annoying is how long the wifi radio takes to "kick in" if the phones been turned off for a while. If i'm on wifi, and I turn the phone on, sometimes i gotta wait 20-30 seconds before I can use the internet while the wifi reconnects. I get why it disconnects, but I wish it kicked on faster.
    05-11-2011 11:06 AM
534 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD