07-04-2013 01:44 AM
534 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Because Google is looking to get the Nexus on all carriers as iPhone seems poised to do by the end of the year. Whats Sprint going to do? say no?
    Heh, well I'll say that it is an interesting theory you have
    05-14-2011 08:47 PM
    Heh, well I'll say that it is an interesting theory you have
    Yep. I was told by a Sprint store employee that they had no release date for the Nexus 3 days before launch! I said "thats weird, cause I have been hearing Sunday." Still nothing from her. Went to Best Buy, not only did they know about it, they happily pre ordered one for me. Think about it, have you seen any TV spots, ads, billboards or anything for the Nexus S 4G on Sprint? I sure havent. Meanwhile, the 3D which doesnt even have a release date gets a full page ad in a few magazines. Seems awfuly odd to me.
    05-14-2011 09:11 PM
    Yep. I was told by a Sprint store employee that they had no release date for the Nexus 3 days before launch! I said "thats weird, cause I have been hearing Sunday." Still nothing from her. Went to Best Buy, not only did they know about it, they happily pre ordered one for me. Think about it, have you seen any TV spots, ads, billboards or anything for the Nexus S 4G on Sprint? I sure havent. Meanwhile, the 3D which doesnt even have a release date gets a full page ad in a few magazines. Seems awfuly odd to me.
    As far as ads, people said the same thing about the Pre and the EVO even after release. Sprint historically just doesnt do much advertising for a phone until a bit after release. Also, the EVO 3D is going to be their next yearly flagship phone. Just the way it is, It is where the attention will be. The Nexus is a pure google phone.
    05-14-2011 09:23 PM
    Not really, pure google phone means no sprint stuff on it. They can't push their own things and no access to sprint's visual voicemail (not everyone wants to use GV). So why push the phone? Especially since you can probably tether from it easier than their other android alternatives.
    05-14-2011 09:32 PM
    Sprint is going to prioritize all their marketing dollars towards the E3D. Wouldn't u do the same? First, consumers already have a positive attitude towards the Evo brand. Second, they wont need to spend as much money building awareness because the Evo 4G ad blitz from 2010 still resonates in the memory of consumers. Third, the phone is much more geared towards the everyday consumer, ie Sense. Finally, it's much easier to sell a phone if u can claim it has the most advanced technology on the market, including 3D.

I love my nexus, but I can understand why Sprint is not promoting it compared to the Evo line....

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    05-14-2011 09:40 PM
    Anyone else having battery issues. When I charge mine it will get up to 94% power then say "fully charged" and the second I unplug it, it goes back to 94% power. I think I'm just gonna end up getting a new battery.
    05-15-2011 08:25 AM
    Anyone else having battery issues. When I charge mine it will get up to 94% power then say "fully charged" and the second I unplug it, it goes back to 94% power. I think I'm just gonna end up getting a new battery.
    Its not your battery. It's a protective feature built into the kernel to stop you from overcharging and ruining your battery.
    05-15-2011 08:57 AM
    Question from an Android n00b: how do ota updates come in? Are they automatic or do I have to check for them?
    05-15-2011 11:01 AM
    I was just in Chicago area over the weekend and got to try out 4G on the Nexus for the first time. Was in the Woodfield Mall area and was able to get 1 bar of 4G and it only got 1mbps download and 500k upload in Jamba Juice basically outside of the mall in the streets of woodfield. Then got on interstate 90 from woodfield all the way to elgin and was never able to get over 2 bars of 4g. Also never got over 2mbps. Wimax really blows but what made me mad was it constantly going from 2 bars to 0 bars and losing signal switching to 3G. Sprint can't switch to LTE soon enough!
    05-16-2011 11:09 PM
    What I'm wondering is why this issue has gotten ZERO coverage from all the major blogs, including Android Central. The Thunderbolt 4G issues and the Atrix 3G upload issues got immediate coverage, which forced responses out of Verizon/AT&T/HTC/Motorola etc.

Until this gets mentioned on the front pages and the media pressure is put on Sprint/Google/Samsung, they will have no reason to address this issue in a reasonable fashion, if at all!
    corndog22cl likes this.
    05-17-2011 03:55 PM
    What I'm wondering is why this issue has gotten ZERO coverage from all the major blogs, including Android Central. The Thunderbolt 4G issues and the Atrix 3G upload issues got immediate coverage, which forced responses out of Verizon/AT&T/HTC/Motorola etc.

Until this gets mentioned on the front pages and the media pressure is put on Sprint/Google/Samsung, they will have no reason to address this issue in a reasonable fashion, if at all!

I was wondering that...Engadget and Gizmodo covered Apple's "antennagate" as if it was a natural disaster. This hasn't even been mentioned in passing.
    05-17-2011 04:04 PM

Couldnt agree with you anymore. Between bad reception and the echoing speakerphone, I'm on my 3rd phone. I'm ready to throw in the towel.

05-17-2011 04:06 PM

Article on it at phandroid:

Nexus S 4G Having Reception Issues?
    05-17-2011 04:21 PM
    Article on it at phandroid:

Nexus S 4G Having Reception Issues?
    I just submitted this to Engadget and a few others.
    ftrengineer likes this.
    05-17-2011 08:39 PM
    Hopefully you submitted to Androidcentral.com as well? The more attention the better. Remember that whole SMS bug a couple months back? It had existed for a long time until blogs start writing about it then el goog fixes it within a couple days. Hope this has the same result because the signal issues need to get fixed ASAP or Sprint is going to see a mass exodus
    05-17-2011 08:43 PM
    My EVO is always ready to go as soon as I unlock the screen.
    As to this problem,most of the time you can set to your unlock time. have you tried that?
    05-17-2011 08:49 PM
    I did the same a few days ago....the more vocal we are the better chance we have that the issues will be resolved in a timely manner

mayflower likes this.
    05-17-2011 09:49 PM
    Hopefully you submitted to Androidcentral.com as well? The more attention the better. Remember that whole SMS bug a couple months back? It had existed for a long time until blogs start writing about it then el goog fixes it within a couple days. Hope this has the same result because the signal issues need to get fixed ASAP or Sprint is going to see a mass exodus
    Yes I sure did
    mayflower likes this.
    05-17-2011 10:11 PM
    They've written a post about the signal issues, too.

Does your Nexus S 4G have poor signal quality too? | ZDNet
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    05-17-2011 10:18 PM
    *insert massive grain of salt* I just got away from my Pre and really don't want to screw around with getting another phone I don't really want.

9:51:00 PM : Connected to sprint.ehosts.net
    9:51:00 PM : Session ID: -------

9:51:00 PM : Me: Initial Question/Comment: want to know if anything is being done about the Nexus S 4G's signal problems, outlined here: Sprint Community: Signal Issues with Nexus S

9:51:10 PM : Billy A. has joined this session!
    9:51:10 PM : Connected with Billy A.. Your Reference Number for this chat session is -------.
    9:51:10 PM : Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Billy A..
    9:51:40 PM : Billy A.: Yes we are working on it diligently and you will see the best results in coming days.
    9:52:10 PM : Billy A.: I would like to mention that this was not such a serious mater though.
    9:52:25 PM : Billy A.: But you know the likings and perceptions of the people.
    9:52:50 PM : Billy A.: There is the little problem with it that is being worked upon.

9:53:16 PM : Me: ok, just havent been able to find anything official and my 30 day return period is quickly running out

9:53:16 PM : Billy A.: Please keep watching the same place, you will get the nice reviews.
    9:53:25 PM : Billy A.: I am sure for that.
    9:53:45 PM : Billy A.: As I said it is nothing serious.
    9:53:55 PM : Billy A.: So Sprint won't make it official.
    9:54:10 PM : Billy A.: It is something that can be tackled easily.

9:54:32 PM : Me: well it is serious to customers like me that literally cannot use their new phone in their own apartment and the only option is buying an airave

9:55:05 PM : Billy A.: I agree with you and will add your name to the list of the people complaining about this.

9:55:17 PM : Me: that would be much appreciated

9:55:20 PM : Billy A.: I will then forward that to the higher departments.
    9:55:30 PM : Billy A.: It will be my pleasure,.
    9:55:45 PM : Billy A.: Is there anything else I may assist you with?

9:56:54 PM : Me: no thank you. should i expect any kind of reply from support when the issue is resolved?

9:57:15 PM : Billy A.: Most certainly, you will be notified.
    05-18-2011 12:08 AM
    *insert massive grain of salt* I just got away from my Pre and really don't want to screw around with getting another phone I don't really want.

9:51:00 PM : Connected to sprint.ehosts.net
    Holy.. ****. Is Billy ... ******ed? Haha, no, but seriously - I doubt Sprint will fix it and not make any sort of announcement about it. That doesn't make any sense. We'll see. I'm patiently waiting.
    05-18-2011 01:02 AM
    remember that aosp roms always have lower signal strength than sense roms did, even on my evo. but this for sure needs to be fixed. i cannot see sprint doing a mass recall either. hopefully this is software related and not hardware. the worst part of this is the horrid battery life you get when your phone is constantly pulling for a signal.
    mayflower likes this.
    05-18-2011 05:41 AM
    i am wondering if this is a sprint issue because when im at home with my airrave i get a perfect 4 bars.
    05-18-2011 05:43 AM
    I've also submitted to Gizmodo and Engadget as well as tweeting to Sprint and Sprint Cares. Hopefully they get the message and stop playing around.
    05-18-2011 05:45 AM
    I've also submitted to Gizmodo and Engadget as well as tweeting to Sprint and Sprint Cares. Hopefully they get the message and stop playing around.
    read my post above, this is a sprint issue not google or samsung unless its the new 2.3.4 radio.

xda needs to acknowledge this and put it front page as well. the 4g doesn't get alot of love on that site.
    05-18-2011 05:47 AM
534 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD