Contact manager

srdiamond#AC

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I am new to Android and my biggest issue was getting my outlook contacts from my PC onto my Nexus - I was able to do this with Missing Sync which seems to work great.... unfortunately it puts it into the stock Android contacts program which is rather lame and too dark for my tastes........ are there "skins" available for this or is there a better contact manager that anyone recommends?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There are contact apps available on the market. Search the market for "contacts" or "contact Manager" and see what pops up. In the future, you can Sync Outlook directly to Gmail with a computer and Sync the Gmail with the phone. It's easier to organize/group this way without having to worry about connecting the phone.

srdiamond#AC

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks but the only real one I saw was "Go Contacts" but it just uses the Android contact manager when you open up a specific contact which seems like a waste.... I have tried the outlook to gmail to device sync but the individual contacts dont ever seem to come over cleanly after the 2 step process.... I am used to the good old days of Palm Treos where it just "worked"..... :)... the missing sync app is nice as it is done via WIFI and you can set it up to do it every X hours so one doesn't have to think about it....

Do most people just put up with the boring Android one? Seems hard to believe people havent made skins at least?

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I mentioned in the other thread to try dialer one. Also maybe try setting up your outlook using the corporate account option in accounts and sync.

God I hate these signatures

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I know what you mean about the Treo days. Palm had it down to a science - unfortunately they didn't keep up with the times and they fell to far behind.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
That being true, and missing Palm PIM myself, you also need to remember many of us used 3rd party PIM apps in Palm to achieve better functionality.

Syrr

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone come up with an app that will transfer all Palm data to the Thunderbolt without ads or other difficulties?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zatarabr