Camera Issues on Nexus S ?

phanikv

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I just bought my Nexus S 4g yesterday and I would love it if I could have some improved results from the camera! I noticed a significant delay trying to take pictures with the camera. It looks like it pauses for a while to do an autofocus before completing the picture. Did not have good results getting rid of the autofocus. The end result was that I got blurred/shaky pictures of any of my subjects indoors. Anyone know of a good way to resolve this issue ?

Also, my results with the video camera have been less than impressive. While recording the video, it appears as if the light is adequate. However, upon playing the video back, it was significantly darker. Any one else run in to this issue ?

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The few photos I have taken are as good as you can expect from a phone camera - nothing spectacular here. After all, this is NEITHER a dedicated still NOR video camera.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
The photos i have taken are not only exceptional, they beat the quality of the 8mp EVO camera, who my friend the photographer that owns the EVO, admits.

phanikv

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Agreed that you cant expect *great* shots. Still the delay in shutter speeds seemed unreasonable, especially compared to an iphone under similar lighting conditions. I am guessing that the inability to manually set focus (or trigger autofocus) before the actual shot, is causing the delay. Every time I click for a photo, the camera seems to go through an autofocus step (which can take a while if your subject is moving). This seems to be causing the delay between clicking the button, and taking the photo. Wonder if vignette is the solution for this.

mycrownvic02#WN

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
My nexus takes great pictures. The evos camera doesnt compare at all. I am really impressed with how well mine shoots pictures in poor lighting. This is where the evo suffered..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel