Calibration

mck2018

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyway I can do a screen calibration on my Sprint Nexus S, it doesnt seem as accurate as my EVO was? Thanks

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
For typing or the g sensor? Either way I do not believe so. I installed the HTC keyboard that was the evo and you can calibrate that.

Frecklez

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering about calibration as well. My screen doesn't seem to respond at the very bottom. It's difficult to type because the space bar won't respond unless I touch the very top of it. Same thing with the home page. The app button and web browser button don't respond unless I touch the very top of them. Does any body else have issues like these?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering about calibration as well. My screen doesn't seem to respond at the very bottom. It's difficult to type because the space bar won't respond unless I touch the very top of it. Same thing with the home page. The app button and web browser button don't respond unless I touch the very top of them. Does any body else have issues like these?

Been feeling that too. But actually I just think its because of the curve near the space bar. Use to going down a little further. When I actually look at where I'm touching I would be missing it. Touching the space bar dead in (with adjusting your naturual reaction to where it would be on flat glass) works fine. Its a learning "curve" is all I think.

(See what I did there)

Burningraymon

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had this same problem. One day, I would press a button on my keyboard for a letter, and it would enter a totally different letter above it. I knew my screen was uncalibarated, but just didn't know how to fix it. I figured out that the reason why I was like that is because I use my jean pant leg a lot to clean my screen (Nexus S 4G (Sprint)). I tried to restore it, unlock it, etc, and nothing worked. So (with my screen) I wiped my phone on my pant leg in the direction that it was uncalibrated....AND IT WORKED.

To see the direction that your Nexus S 4G is uncalibrated, just go to the home screen, take an app from the left or right hand side, drag is slowly across the screen until you see the app acting differently in one area. If up, then (with the screen on) wipe your phone in that direction and see if this helps. If not, you'll have to take it to a Sprint store, and usually they will give you a replacement since it's just a calibration issue.

HOPES THIS HELPS! :)

8616v

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
if your running an ICS rom you can go into development options and turn on pointer location and show touches and you will see exatly where the phone thinks your touching

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes you can find a horizontal line across your screen where the touchscreen won't work. Best test is to pull the notification bar down slowly and watch for it to jump. If it is, I would take it to your nearest sprint service center.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

John Bartlett

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
A little of a slant from your message. I had been struggling with a auto screen calibration on an android. It was in a loop. Your comment about wiping the screen in a direction of non performance. I did a cicuit around the screen with finger pressure, it has come back to life. Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante