Just switched over to the Nexus S 4G from Blackberry and am not used to only having the ability to switch between two ringer profiles. I want to be able to switch between having the phone ring with vibration, having the phone only vibrate, and having the phone be silent all together w/o any ring or vibration (for when I sleep ). I know I can do this by going through the settings, but that's kind of a long route to take for something that should be done at the click of a button. Does anyone know of an app that allows you to have more than 2 profiles?

Also, is there any way to access the duration of vibration so that I can differentiate it for phone calls versus text messages versus emails?

My last question kinda piggy-backs on the previous one--is there any way to differentiate the ringtone for text versus the ringtone for email?

Thanks in advance
    05-11-2011 08:20 AM
    OK, I think I found the setting to differentiate sounds for email versus text. Still wondering about an app for quick profile changing.
    05-11-2011 08:59 AM
    Just switched over to the Nexus S 4G from Blackberry and am not used to only having the ability to switch between two ringer profiles. I want to be able to switch between having the phone ring with vibration, having the phone only vibrate, and having the phone be silent all together w/o any ring or vibration (for when I sleep ). I know I can do this by going through the settings, but that's kind of a long route to take for something that should be done at the click of a button. Does anyone know of an app that allows you to have more than 2 profiles?

Check out this toggle widget. Works great: https://market.android.com/details?i...nttogglewidget

Also, is there any way to access the duration of vibration so that I can differentiate it for phone calls versus text messages versus emails?

Not that I know of.

My last question kinda piggy-backs on the previous one--is there any way to differentiate the ringtone for text versus the ringtone for email?

You should be able to. Go into the settings for the email and SMS apps and choose your individual tones.

Thanks in advance
    See comments in red.
    Lanny84 likes this.
    05-11-2011 09:04 AM
    I'm fairly certain 3rd party SMS apps like handcent allow you to customize the vibration for incoming text messages so you could differentiate them from calls.
    05-11-2011 09:08 AM
    K-9 Mail allows you to change the vibration pattern and length.
    05-11-2011 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD