85% Display use on standby

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been having terrible battery life on my 3-day old Nexus S 4G, which is rooted. For example, the battery is now almost drained after just 12 hours of mostly standby. The battery info says that the display used 85%.

Any ideas on what might be going on?

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Have you installed any new apps? what is your brightness set at? I don't use auto dim and I keep my brightness around 25%. What do you have the screen timed out at?

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
mmm. I haven't heard of this before. I mean if I go into my battery use setting my screen has 63% used next to it. But my battery life is fine. I unplugged at 730am this morning. Its now 1:30pm after texting, downloading apps, using google googles and maps. I still am at 66% battery. I don't think its the screen that is the problem. Do you have any widgets that update on your homepages? Or apps that are syncing data( ie twitter or facebook?)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
mmm. I haven't heard of this before. I mean if I go into my battery use setting my screen has 63% used next to it. But my battery life is fine. I unplugged at 730am this morning. Its now 1:30pm after texting, downloading apps, using google googles and maps. I still am at 66% battery. I don't think its the screen that is the problem. Do you have any widgets that update on your homepages? Or apps that are syncing data( ie twitter or facebook?)

The screen is always the highest % wise no matter what phone ..the only time it wont be is when you talk for long periods of time

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol