scratched screen?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Well it appears that the second day of my girlfriend having a Nexus she got a small scratch in the middle of the screen. You can't see it when the screen is on. You really only see it in high lighting. I can feel it with my nail though.

I'm still trying to figure out how she did this. Maybe the zipper on her pocket? Or maybe it was just a freak accident. I have no idea. I'm deft buying her a screen protector.

I'm wondering if I should for myself.

Anyone else mess up and scratch their screen yet? I just can figure out how it could have scratched on her zipper so easily.

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
With my EVO, I scratched the screen while trying to CLEAN the screen with my shirt; even felt the scratch happen. It made me blurt out a few expletives.

That being said, I'm not generally worried about using my NS4G naked. Glass is pretty hard to scratch but it can happen in fluke situations.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
With my EVO, I scratched the screen while trying to CLEAN the screen with my shirt; even felt the scratch happen. It made me blurt out a few expletives.

That being said, I'm not generally worried about using my NS4G naked. Glass is pretty hard to scratch but it can happen in fluke situations.
Yea I scratched a Bb when I slipped plugging in the charger. Freak accident. I wasn't worried until she did that. I used my epic without screen protector no problem. I know its a different glass but Im assuming gorilla isnt anmore scratch resistant than regular glass. I just can't see how a zipper would accidently scratch it like that.

Maybe it was the cat or something and she didn't notice it until later. Either way she is getting a screen protector.

Active x cases come tomorrow.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
What are the ones from best buy? I was going to pick those up tomorrow. Are they noticeable? Maybe ill throw one on my phone just incase.

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I actually left the plastic that came on the phone until I could get my protector on. The glass on these phones is NOT gorilla glass. Go to the Samsung site and you will see this. I had one on my Pre from day one and it still looks like new. It doesn't hurt that I have a leather case that has a flip screen protector on it too......

mikachu

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I already have micro scratches on my screen, anyone else? Note: these arnt deep scratches, they are only noticeable when held in a certain position under strong light(sun). The thing is i dont get how i got these scratches, as I am very careful with my phone. I baby my phone and never put it in the same pocket as my keys! anyone else?

Is it normal for all phone to do this?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I already have micro scratches on my screen, anyone else? Note: these arnt deep scratches, they are only noticeable when held in a certain position under strong light(sun). The thing is i dont get how i got these scratches, as I am very careful with my phone. I baby my phone and never put it in the same pocket as my keys! anyone else?

Is it normal for all phone to do this?

That happened on my nexus after a while. No.that though. This one you can feel with your finger nail.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The contour glass isn't gorilla glass no matter what any sales rep will tell you. I bought a screen protector right when I walked out the door. There is a ghost armor and Zagg kiosks at my mall where I got the Nexus from and went straight there before I did anything with my phone.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk