Google Voice Intergrating Problem; Phone doesn't make phone calls, GV is gone.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So my girlfriend was trying to make a phone call today. When she did she got an error that stated your call can not be completed please try again later. (The google voice lady said this). I went on google.com/voice to see if it was still set up. It was not. Somehow it dissapeared. I tried settings it back up but no luck. Says we can not verify your phone at this time.

Calls dont come in or out.

I called Sprint and they told me I had to take it to the store they couldn't do it over the phone. Anyone know of a fix so I don't have to make the trip?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Well after going through 3 reps and the last one being probably the best person in the world and 5 hours on the phone.

The problem was because of a corporate account. Which is weird because my other number is still working fine with it. (Knock on wood). The number of the other line had to be changed and the google voice tag removed. This finally fixed the problem.

I went through 2 reps on the phone. 1 I got really mad with because she just told me to go to the store and had an attitude back with me. The last one was outstanding. After 5 hours on the phone with him he calls me back 2 hours later and said he was still working on the problem for me and found a solution. He ended up fixing it for me.

nimin

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this same issue. A day or so ago it was all fine, but now if I try and place a call without GV, it will just always give me this error message.

And yes, all calls outbound with GV works, but people can't even call my normal Sprint number (which I set to be my new GV number) and have it ring, they'll get the same error message on their end. What did you tell the Sprint people?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm having this same issue. A day or so ago it was all fine, but now if I try and place a call without GV, it will just always give me this error message.

And yes, all calls outbound with GV works, but people can't even call my normal Sprint number (which I set to be my new GV number) and have it ring, they'll get the same error message on their end. What did you tell the Sprint people?

I told them my Sprint number was missing from gv and it wasn't making outbound calls. They couldn't figure it out. The last person I spoke with went out of his way and call me back and found the sollution. He said that the number had to be changed and they had to remove the Google voice tag from the account.

Now I'm not really sure about the changing the number. That was done before he figured out the full sollution and called me back.

nimin

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
We'll I just got done talking to a Sprint rep, as I figured she didn't know too much but did inform me of a few new things. No luck though, still have some research to do. The Corporate-Corporate Individual account status didn't make too much sense to me, but she gave out some fancy account codes. Then pasted a wall of text from about.GV =) But according to Engadget (thanks kalex) an account is only supposed to have the GV tag and not the Sprint tag so that was odd... I think. This whole integration gets a bit messy.

05/14/2011 03:22:36PM Agent (Carolyn O): "I have checked the Google Voice is still active on the line xxx xxx xxxx."
05/14/2011 03:22:56PM Sprint Customer: "Well heres the issue."
05/14/2011 03:23:29PM Sprint Customer: "A few days back everything was fine. Then yesterday I was unable to place calls or receive calls through my normal Sprint number."
05/14/2011 03:24:27PM Agent (Carolyn O): "Ok."
05/14/2011 03:24:43PM Sprint Customer: "I can place outbound calls only through GV. So I did some research and theres some bugs still being worked out, but it sounds like during the activation of GV of a new Sprint account, or upgrade, a code is removed from the account."
05/14/2011 03:24:48PM Sprint Customer: "GGLVOICE"
05/14/2011 03:26:32PM Agent (Carolyn O): "I have checked GGLVOICE (Google Voice) is still active not remove from the line *********6."
05/14/2011 03:27:42PM Sprint Customer: "Is the Sprint voicemail code active still?"
05/14/2011 03:28:47PM Agent (Carolyn O): "Yes, voicemail is also active on the line xxx xxx xxxx."
05/14/2011 03:28:53PM Sprint Customer: "If I go to voice.google.com and try and finish integration with my phone, it trys to call my phone to activate it with a special number, but my phone won't even ring because I can't receive calls."
05/14/2011 03:31:51PM Sprint Customer: "Yeah I just now tried to both call my phone and place a call on my phone without GV and it just says "Could not complete your call, please try again.""
05/14/2011 03:31:53PM Agent (Carolyn O): "Please removed call forwarding from this number and try to make the call."
05/14/2011 03:34:00PM Sprint Customer: "Alright I disabled call forwarding through GV but no luck,"
05/14/2011 03:34:50PM Agent (Carolyn O): "Are you able to make call and receive before?"
05/14/2011 03:35:10PM Sprint Customer: "About three days ago. I didn't change anything either."
05/14/2011 03:35:46PM Agent (Carolyn O): "Please switch off phone and remove the battery for 2 minutes."
05/14/2011 03:36:09PM Agent (Carolyn O): "Meanwhile I will remotely refresh your phone in our system"
05/14/2011 03:36:56PM Sprint Customer: "Ok the battery is out."
05/14/2011 03:37:07PM Agent (Carolyn O): "Ok."
05/14/2011 03:38:16PM Sprint Customer: "I've been reading a forum post with someone else having a similar problem, this is what he said they did. "He said that the number had to be changed and they had to remove the Google voice tag from the account.""
05/14/2011 03:39:44PM Agent (Carolyn O): "I have remotely refresh your phone from our system."
05/14/2011 03:40:08PM Agent (Carolyn O): "Please switch on the phone and try to make the test call."
05/14/2011 03:41:54PM Sprint Customer: "Inbound didn't work and outbound w/o GV didn't work either =/"
05/14/2011 03:44:26PM Agent (Carolyn O): "I have checked your account, you have Corporate-Corporate Individual account."
05/14/2011 03:44:58PM Agent (Carolyn O): "The service is not working in your account."
05/14/2011 03:45:40PM Sprint Customer: "What type of account are we supposed to have? All I know is that its a family plan with four or five lines."
05/14/2011 03:46:42PM Agent (Carolyn O): "Reseller = MVNOs
BOOST CDMA/iDEN AT/ST = B/D, I/C, I/Y, I/Z
Sprint iDEN = iDEN
Non-Sprint (competitor) - Any non-Sprint Customer
Corporate sub = Acct_Type - C
Government sub = Acct_Type - G"
05/14/2011 03:47:32PM Agent (Carolyn O): "The above account are not working for Google Voice service."
05/14/2011 03:48:03PM Agent (Carolyn O): "Google Voice provides the largest innovation in voice communication since Caller ID and Call Waiting."
05/14/2011 03:48:17PM Agent (Carolyn O): "Voice communications have become more complex over the years as many people have a home phone, a work phone, and a cell phone (sometimes multiple cell phones) to manage voice communications."
05/14/2011 03:48:33PM Agent (Carolyn O): "Google Voice helps users manage all of their communication needs through a single phone number"
05/14/2011 03:48:54PM Agent (Carolyn O): "Users can now control where and how their friends, family, and associates contact them."
05/14/2011 03:51:11PM Sprint Customer: "Hmmmm"
05/14/2011 03:52:49PM Agent (Carolyn O): "Please note that Google Voice on Sprint is not available for the following types of users:"
05/14/2011 03:53:05PM Agent (Carolyn O): "Users who are behind on your phone bill"
05/14/2011 03:53:19PM Agent (Carolyn O): "Users who have a corporate number or landline number"
05/14/2011 03:53:39PM Agent (Carolyn O): "You are not using a Sprint-branded mobile phone. Nextel, PowerSource, corporate, and pre-paid phones are not compatible with Google Voice."
05/14/2011 03:54:04PM Agent (Carolyn O): "We were in a 'maintenance window' during the time you tired to sign up. Please try again in 24 hours. If you try again and are still unable to integrate your number, it is likely because of the previously mentioned reasons."
05/14/2011 03:54:22PM Agent (Carolyn O): "Call tones (a feature that plays a customized sound or music when a particular caller reaches your Sprint number) is enabled. Please contact Sprint Customer Support to remove this feature, as it should make your account eligible provided you do not also m"
&nbsp eet other criteria for ineligibility.
05/14/2011 03:56:04PM Sprint Customer: "Alright we'll thank you for the information and the help, I'll be doing some more research and talking. I do understand that the GV integration is new to Sprint and they're still working on some bugs here and there so hopefully it'll be resolved soon."

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It just happened to my other line. I called sprint and asked them to remove the Google voice code from my account. All is working normal now. No gv intergration.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
It just happened to my other line. I called sprint and asked them to remove the Google voice code from my account. All is working normal now. No gv intergration.

That is very strange. Did you begin using the GV integration when you got the NS4G or did you happen to be using it prior as well?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
That is very strange. Did you begin using the GV integration when you got the NS4G or did you happen to be using it prior as well?

Was using it on epic for a week or so. Then bought 2 nexus. Set it up on the other one. Then 3?2 days later it did it. Now today my original one did it.

Corporate account.

nimin

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm I'll try and have them remove the tag tomorrow. But they say that it can't be manually restored? Does that just mean you have to re sync it with GV?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm I'll try and have them remove the tag tomorrow. But they say that it can't be manually restored? Does that just mean you have to re sync it with GV?

They told me the same crap. Its not like an evo. We have no control over it. You need to call Google. You need to go on the site. Disable it. You need to make calls from the Gv app.

I went through 3 people to get it done. Today I had to argue with the lady that it could be done. If the person you get doesn't want to help you hang up and try again.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I didn't re set up. Forget about it if you have a cooperate account. Not gonna work. If it does this will happen again.

Just work on getting someone on the phone who wants to help. That's all they need to do.

One person told me they weren't Google they couldn't help me. Then opened up a service ticket and told me to go to the store. When I spoke to another helpful person who spent time on the side and called me back he said the ticket was for accidental removal of gv app on phone. Reinstall for customer.

Its happened to both my lines And both I got fixed this way. Thats all they need to do. Didnt need to change the number the first time.

Was last resort that didnt work until thy figured it out for me.

nimin

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Lol, I just called and asked to remove the GGLVOICE tag, at first he didn't know what I was talking about but I informed him a little bit its a special tag on the line and two seconds later he tells me to place a call and boom, it works. Less than like 2 minutes, haha.

Now if I try and setup GV again, will it break? What if I try and do it through the website instead of on my phone?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Lol, I just called and asked to remove the GGLVOICE tag, at first he didn't know what I was talking about but I informed him a little bit its a special tag on the line and two seconds later he tells me to place a call and boom, it works. Less than like 2 minutes, haha.

Now if I try and setup GV again, will it break? What if I try and do it through the website instead of on my phone?

I'm assuming your line had a discount making it a corporate account. If that's the case don't set it up again or the same thing will happen.

That's what happened to both. One after 2 days. The other after weeks.

And yea. You got lucky you had me. Lol. The second line I told them what to do and hung up. They fixed it. Lol. (i had to do something, lol)

nimin

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah when I signed up the guy gave me a discount on insurance for having 100+ lines on an account, which of course we don't (told me to keep it low =) ). Your saying that's probably whats messing it up? =/

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming your line had a discount making it a corporate account. If that's the case don't set it up again or the same thing will happen.

That's what happened to both. One after 2 days. The other after weeks.

And yea. You got lucky you had me. Lol. The second line I told them what to do and hung up. They fixed it. Lol. (i had to do something, lol)

So what you found is that any lines that have a discount and considered corporate accounts, even if the Sprint integration works on another phone without issue (e.g. EVO), one is going to run into problems with the Sprint integration on the NS4G?

Just getting a little nervous, I love the Sprint/GV integration and have been using it without a hitch on my EVO since it was in beta. I have a 23% discount on my Sprint plan because of where I'm employed. Plan on getting the NS4G in a few days.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Its an account thing. Gvs doesn't work with corporate accounts. Discounted accounts for employee discounts code as corporate accounts.

When this happens google removes integration from gv but the google code from your sprint account doesn't.

I also had it working since beta. Also after the new line messed up. But then it happened to me as well.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Just found this:

Sprint / Google Voice integration now available for discounted accounts, still AWOL in sunny Puerto Rico -- Engadget

So I wonder what constitutes a discounted account and a corporate account

It mentions this in the article:

Previously, individual customers with discounted accounts were being grouped with corporate and government enterprise customers, but it appears that the issue has been resolved (though corporate and government accounts are still unable to activate).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki