04-06-2019 12:52 PM
33 12
tools
    Again, this isn't universal for all devices. Not all address books have the "Groups" tab you refer to.

It's not supported by stock Android, so it's not helpful to most users
    Actually, it is. If you follow the instructions and go to the Contacts app and hit the hamburger top left, there's your labels/groups. You will find you can send an e-mail to a group...

Still, this is not how we'd like to see it...

oh and running stock android on my Nexus 5/5x/9
    12-13-2017 01:26 PM
    WTH - We assigned Groups to our Contacts for a reason. Some ***** decides it's not necessary to be able to use the GROUP feature. I'm pissed - put it back! When we have so many Contacts, we have to find a way to locate what we're after. You invented features, they're still available, we need to be able to access them!
    04-20-2018 03:26 AM
    WTH - We assigned Groups to our Contacts for a reason. Some ***** decides it's not necessary to be able to use the GROUP feature. I'm pissed - put it back! When we have so many Contacts, we have to find a way to locate what we're after. You invented features, they're still available, we need to be able to access them!
    We aren't Google -- we didn't invent anything.
    04-20-2018 09:48 AM
    Does anyone have a workaround for this? I saw some talk about a "contacts group," but I'm not quite sure how it works. You basically sent an email to one address and then it automatically was sent to the addresses associated with the contact group. If you have a big distro (like I do. greater than 200), you can file them all under the contact group and only one address counts against the send limit.
    04-24-2018 09:42 PM
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...=1#post5813734

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...=1#post6105889

My phone has a version of contacts (other than Google contacts (mentioned in the above 2 posts) which I later installed) that also lists my groups (in my case just my work email list). So to create an email that's sent to a group using my Samsung Galaxy Android 7.1.1 version of contacts:

->Contacts
    ->select Groups (within the three vertical dots on upper right corner of screen)
    ->select the group to distribute email to
    ->select Send email (within the three vertical dots on upper right corner of screen)
    ->select individual contacts or select "All" for all contacts.
    ->select "DONE" (in upper right hand corner of screen)
    ->select an email app just once or as the default app if one hasn't already been selected as the default
    The email message should now have the email list in the To field.
    05-06-2018 10:16 PM
    Your Gmail app doesn't use groups. However, your Google contacts app does. Open Google contacts, click the menu symbol in the upper left corner. Your labels section will show your groups. Open your group, click the options dots in the upper right corner and choose "send email". This will open your Gmail app and add all the contacts in your group to a blank email ready to compose. You can do group texts as well. I love Google!
    05-31-2018 11:54 PM
    To fwd to a group first create a dummy group email using the new group email techniques described here. Then just reply all to the dummy email previously emailed . For attachments, just download the attachment from wherever or whoever, and reattach to the group email.
    04-06-2019 12:47 PM
    . . .and copy and paste whatever from the email being forwarded. Not neat, but better than entering all the contacts.
    04-06-2019 12:52 PM
33 12