Here's an idea... (or has it been done?!) What about an app that makes the capacitive buttons glow/pulse as a form of LED notification???

Huh? Huh?! Anyone? Akin to what the button on the original Palm Pre did. Subtle. Simple. Effective.

Please tell me someone's working on this.
    05-13-2011 07:58 PM
    I think that's what BLN does but it requires root access. I haven't been brave enough to try it yet. I keep hoping theres a way to do it without root.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    05-13-2011 08:01 PM
    Use an app called Noled, works awesome.
    05-13-2011 09:31 PM
    BLN requires a specific kernel, thats all I know. I personally would rather use the led lights that are real rather then a screen app that keeps the display on.
    05-13-2011 10:02 PM
    I would pay alot (from an app market POV) for an app that uses the capacitive buttons for notifications..
    I worry about battery drain with noled and my assumption is that using the capacitive buttons would consume less power

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    05-13-2011 10:20 PM
    I thought that since the Nexus had an AMOLED screen, the only part of the screen that would stay on are the actual pixels that are being used for Noled, not the entire screen.
    05-14-2011 08:13 AM
    I have this feature working on my phone. You have to root and then flash Netarchy's kernel (compatible with Nexus S 4G) from xda, which has BLN (capacitative lights) enabled. Then use BLN Control app from the market to activate it.
    I really needed this feature since the Nexus S 4G doesnt have any LED's.
    05-14-2011 09:35 AM
    I have this feature working on my phone. You have to root and then flash Netarchy's kernel (compatible with Nexus S 4G) from xda, which has BLN (capacitative lights) enabled. Then use BLN Control app from the market to activate it.
    I really needed this feature since the Nexus S 4G doesnt have any LED's.
    Same here. It's not easily noticeable in daylight, but better than nothing (or NoLED) in my opinion.
    05-14-2011 10:16 AM
    Exactly. I don't need/want the actual screen on for any reason and it would seem logical that the NoLED app would have a capacitive buttons only setting, no? Perhaps if enough of us ping the developer about that...
    05-15-2011 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD